Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I work at a shop and have run both kits on numerous trucks, I personally run the cognito kit on my vehicle. The nice thing about the kit is how it sets up the front steering. I take my truck out and hammer it, and have had no issues. I have also pulled of numerous cst kits and put on the cognito kits. If they are set up with the right shocks and springs in the rear these trucks can ride better that they do stock. Which is not sating much, but it is true.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I love my cognito kit, ive had it since october. I have had no problem with it, except some rubbing issues. The inside tread of the mud graplers rubs sometimes on the top of the spindle. This is my fault one for choosing an aggresive tread tire and also not having enough backspacing. It doesnt bind or anything so i've just left it that way. The kit is strong and will take a lot of abuse. Coginto is also cheaper than cst.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you have the extra coin, I would go with Cognito and get the Fox shocks. My ride is a lot better than a stock truck. I also rub my top a arm but that is from an aggressive inside tread pattern and wheel back spacing.

Check out my garage for pics of the Cognito in pieces.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
800 rev seen your garage nice.....im going with the 7"cognito,bilstiens,tierods
upper control arms,pitman/idler kit,deavers on the back
what size backspacing do you have?

·
Registered
165 Posts
4.5 backspacing

·
Registered
165 Posts
-4.5 ......if you had a chance would you change them out for something with less backspacing?
Yes I would. About another 1/2" would be perfect. The problem is trying to find a rim you like with the backspacing you need.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tell Me About It I Just Found The Rimsi Wanted And Could Afford
In Stock Problom Is They Have 4.5" Bs Now That Ive Chatted With You Im Not Sure I Should Go With Them Im Only Going With 35s But I Will Be Running M/ts Either Bfs Or Toyos

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you dont have tread on the inside of the tire for rock crawling you will probably be okay. You might have to add a 1/4 wheel spacer behind the rim. I have a pretty aggesive nub on the inside of the tire that runs down the sidewall. This is what is rubbing. If I didnt have it I would be okay. I talked to Cognito about it and he was a little shocked. He actually told me that 4.5 backspacing was the limit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Cognito increases the cv angles doesnt it? If thats the case then the CST kit would be stronger because it does not increase the cv angles.

·
Registered
633 Posts
CST could increase CV angles. Example, if the 9-11" kit is set at 11", the CV angles would be increased. Same goes for the 6-8" kit if it is set at 8".

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i went with the cognito 7" had to get the steady bearing because of the lb
i got the upper tubular a arms as well and they talked me into buying the front shaft they said because i was planning on doing some boosted luanches it might be a good idea

1 - 13 of 13 Posts