Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen one do this before? I don't even have a lift pump. Maybe a problem with this individual filter? It was clogged no doubt but without a lift pump it shouldn't have cratered like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yeah real clean compared to my filters, and no i have never seen one come out like that before!

Caleb

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
I gotta believe it was assembled that way.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
It had to come from the factory like that and was missed in quality control:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Looks to me like someone torqued the canister too much with the strap / filter wrench when it was installed or removed.

·
Registered
484 Posts
yea that is alot cleaner than mine when it came out. I would agree that it came from the factory in that shape..lol

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I had ran a tank or 2 of bio that was lets say not the cleanest, which left some material that looked like someone had blown their nose in my tank. I mean it looked just like snot and boogers! I cleaned these off for the picture.

Nice to know I get some decent fuel otherwise. Most of the bio I have bought was super clean.

I was at 9-10" of restriction with B90 when I replaced this filter. It immediately dropped to only 3.5-4" with a new filter. Bio doesn't flow worth a crap through these oem duel pleats.

My luck to get a factory defect.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts