1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,646 Posts

You know whats sad? That guy will probably never have any injector trouble. While those of use with 3 fuel filters filtering down to .0001 micron will

Seems how the cookies crumble I guess

·
Registered
994 Posts
Or he eventually sells the truck and some unsuspecting person buys it. Then the injectors crap out just after 100k miles. After which the stories begin about this POS.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I can't comment. I waited about a week on dial up after I clicked on his link to get to the thread and the only picture I saw was of his truck{s}.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
dirty old man said:
I can't comment. I waited about a week on dial up after I clicked on his link to get to the thread and the only picture I saw was of his truck{s}.

Likewise ~ why do I waste my time?

·
Registered
394 Posts
OC_DMAX, you are 100% correct. As saturated as this filter, it has channeled long ago and the pump and injectors are on their way to an early demise.
This filter is certainly one of the worst I have seen for a Duramax. Why someone would want to share this level of neglect is beyond me..??
George

·
Registered
340 Posts
I find this hard to believe, I think we are getting our leg pulled.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
question is, I've cut open the OEM I changed around 5k ago(I changed out my OEM @ 13k) and didn't see a spot where it could go into a bypass mode.

How could a filter with that many miles still allow fuel to pass?

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't believe there is a bypass on our DMAX filters. At least not on the three I have cut open.

As George mentioned above, channeling occurs whenever a filter is allowed to get clogged beyond the medium’s particle-holding capacity, and there is a sufficient pressure differential across the media to take the filter to the breaking point. Eventually, somewhere, something "gives", and a hole opens up, allowing the the fuel to pass unfiltered.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looks like mine did at 10,000 miles, for real. God knows where I picked up a bad load of fuel but I did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts