Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a oversized replacement tank for my 2004 Duramax Crewcab Short Bed I can now hold 62 Gallons, which is nice because I put a lot of miles on mine, and it is great to stock up on fuel when I find it at a good price. I don't know all the places where you can get them but I got mine at a place called Supertanks, they're phone # is 801-773-8246, I beleive they ship anywhere in the U.S.

P.S. I have a 8" lift and 33" tires, anyone know where I can get some good looking mudflaps?Edited by: DieselMax

·
Registered
74 Posts
DieselMax Can you give us some more info on your tank: Could not find them listed on the Internet and when I called them I could not get an answer - maybe it is the holiday.

Web address, where are they located, cost, etc???

I am looking for a larger tank for my 2004 ext cab, gas and Transfer Flow says it will be at least 6 months before a "gas" tank is ready for the 2004 models (emission requiremnts) and then it will only be 45 gallons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe they are in Utah, I don't know if they have a website. But I do know that the tanks are only for diesel's and not gas. I would guess that they are closed down for the hoildays.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Here's my 60 gal tank in the bed. Its gravity feed to the main tank. 86 gals total with approx. 1600 mile range. I had the face of the tank sprayed with Line-X since I had the tank out to do the bed.

\

·
Registered
612 Posts
Dieselmax ... thanks for the tip ... plan to replace my stock tank this summer

Jim

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought a 53 gallon tank from Aero Tanks.

http://www.aerotanks.com/

I'm very happy with it. I never like to run out of diesel, and often stations are closed on Sundays.

My range has doubled. I get 650-800 miles depending on the speed I drive (70-90). My best so far is 825 without trying very hard. Coming cross country, I filled up in Dayton, Ohio and drove around for weeks after I got home to Connecticut.

I've considered putting a bed tank in also. I like the idea of being able to drive cross country with only one fill up.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Night_Sailor said:
I bought a 53 gallon tank from Aero Tanks.

http://www.aerotanks.com/

I'm very happy with it. I never like to run out of diesel, and often stations are closed on Sundays.

My range has doubled. I get 650-800 miles depending on the speed I drive (70-90). My best so far is 825 without trying very hard. Coming cross country, I filled up in Dayton, Ohio and drove around for weeks after I got home to Connecticut.

I've considered putting a bed tank in also. I like the idea of being able to drive cross country with only one fill up.

Their web site says non shipable. How did you get that thing home or did you make a trip to Kalifoornia?How deep is that tank? Does it dip below the frame like the transflow tank does?Edited by: maxinDixon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about getting an in the bed tank but I didn't want to sacrifice the bed space, the 62 gallon replacement tank it is perfect for me, I think they (Supertanks) even have a 75 gallon replacement tank, but I am not sure.

P.S. Maverick, nice pics looks like you have a nice set-up.

·
Registered
629 Posts
DieselMax: The 62 gallon "Supertank" is significantly larger than the 45 gallon TransferFlow midship replacement tank (which is the max for a short bed D/A). Needless to say, I'm VERY interested. But like Shark Bait, I couldn't find ANY info on the web, and when I called the number on Friday the message did not sound like it was Supertanks-- are you SURE the number you posted was correct? Do you still have your reciept? Maybe it has a web address or something...?

Some have mentioned that the TransferFlow tank sticks down below the frame by an inch or so... which is a concern, especially when off-roading. What about your Supertank? Does it stick down below the frame? If so, by how much? Could you post any pics?

Thanks!
Paul.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Maverick, how does your in bed tank connect to your main tank? I've got a 38 gallon in bed tank on the way and I am trying to figure out how to hook it up to my main tank.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just got off of the phone with Supertanks. The phone number posted by DieselMax is correct:

Phone 1-801-773-8246: FAX 1-801-773-8247

They are developing a web site, but is not up yet.

Supertanks currently only makes tanks for diesel, no gas yet.

Capacities (I think this is correct): SB Ext 58 Gal, SB CC 62 Gal, LB 75 Gal.

Sounds like they are a farily new company that is interested in expending their product line. They indicate they are interested in making gasoline tanks so -

ALL OF US GAS OWNERS NEED TO CONTACT THEM AND ASK THEM TO SPEED UP DEVELOPMENT OF THE 58 GAL GAS TANK FOR THE EXT CAB.

·
Registered
629 Posts
DMAX2DAMAX said:
Dieselmax,

Would you have any pictures of the tank installed that you coulkd post? I'd like tom see where and how it mounts and if it extends below frame. Thanks!
YES!!! Pictures pleeeeeeease!!!

I talked to someone at Supertanks. The tanks are made out of plastic (like OEM), but he said they were twice as thick, and have an elongation factor of 400% (they'll expand to FOUR times their size before breaking). He mentioned also that there is some type of plate (like a skid plate) which holds it up, so there's not just a rectangular tank sticking down under the frame (all the edges and corners of the tank are protected ABOVE the plate-- great idea). He mentioned that the plate does stick down below the frame, about the same as a TransferFlow tank, but again... it's a plate. If the plate is scraped, the tank is fine... and if the plate is dented/compressed in, the plastic tank has plenty of expansion capability. Seems practical to me, but what do I know... they are out of Utah and they've only been making these for about 6 months.

Seven year warranty, and the cost, including shipping, is:

$795 dealers
$995 retail

I hope my mechanic will be willing to become a "dealer"...
The rep at SuperTanks is mailing me a sheet with some info. Sound promising. Any thoughts?

For a CC/SB, the 62 gallon tank provides following ranges:

1362 miles @ 22MPG
1240 miles @ 20MPG
1116 miles @ 18MPG
992 miles @ 16MPG
868 miles @ 14MPG
744 miles @ 12MPG
620 miles @ 10MPG

Not bad! And... it's not in the truck bed, so you save the space!

Paul.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will take some pictures a put them on so everyone can see. Thanks for all the coments, I'm sure that you guys will love it, its been one of the funnest and best things I have done to mine. I figure ultimatly the tank will pay for itself due to how much I can save on fuel by stocking up when I see it at a good price.

I'll take some pics of the underside so you guys can see.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Thanks for the info & please post those pic's as soon as you can

Thanks,

Pepperidge

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Do they have a fill neck upgrade so the big truck nozzles can be used to fill er up?

·
Registered
629 Posts
maxinDixon said:
Do they have a fill neck upgrade so the big truck nozzles can be used to fill er up?
I called again, and they do not currently have a fill neck upgrade, but the rep indicated that it is definitely high the "to do" list. The GM tanks have been out for about 6 months, and now the highest focus for their engineers is designing tanks for Ford trucks. He didn't mention Dodge, but that might come next after Ford.

A retrofit fill neck could always be bought/installed later, although it would be convenient to do everything at the same time.

Paul.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are the images, I apologize for the snow, I was waiting for the wather to clear up, but it didn't. This shows how low it actually hangs, it has a protective pan that supports the entire tank, which is a silver color, I think some guys paint theirs black. You can see that it is still well above the axels as well as some of my lift supports.

Edited by: DieselMax

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
You don't happen to have a clue if this would interfere with the nicktane kit I alreadt have installed, Do you?

Thanks,

Pepperidge

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.