Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here is my secret.

No purchase necessary....

Every Nov. about 1 week before Thanksgiving Fresh N Easy puts turkeys on sale for .39c/LB. If you have one of their $5.00 off coupons you can get 4 turkeys for about 18 dollars. They say the limit is 2 but I bring my wife and if they biatch about it I say she is my neighbor and we are pooling our resources to use the coupon. The coupon requires that you buy 25 dollars of food for the 5 off. I had to buy some coffee anyway so that put me over the 25 minimum.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
That's a deal, kind of a funny one also. :)

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Good deal if you enjoy turkey. I don't like it but for the price i'd get it, debone and grind it up into like hamburger and use it in spiced dishes like tacos and enchiladas. Also wouldn't feel bad at sharing some with the hound and the retriever.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good deal if you enjoy turkey. I don't like it but for the price i'd get it, debone and grind it up into like hamburger and use it in spiced dishes like tacos and enchiladas. Also wouldn't feel bad at sharing some with the hound and the retriever.
Yeah I know what you mean......

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
years ago,at thanksgiving we had all the family over[20+people] mom got 1 turkey done and set it on the counter,our ''great pyrennes'' about 135lb dog when nobody was looking reached up and took it off the counter and carryed it under the kitchen table and started to eat it,mom caught him and called dad in ,dad was laughing so hard he just took the turkey and dog out into the garage-cut up the turkey and let him finish it-i guess you would to have been there,but it was funny as he##,the family still brings it up 30 years later

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
years ago,at thanksgiving we had all the family over[20+people] mom got 1 turkey done and set it on the counter,our ''great pyrennes'' about 135lb dog when nobody was looking reached up and took it off the counter and carryed it under the kitchen table and started to eat it,mom caught him and called dad in ,dad was laughing so hard he just took the turkey and dog out into the garage-cut up the turkey and let him finish it-i guess you would to have been there,but it was funny as he##,the family still brings it up 30 years later
Just read this and it reminds me of a incident in 1943 when I was about 8 years old. During the war meat was rationed and you had to save up your coupons for quite awhile to get something like a prime rib roast. Well our neighbors saved their coupons and got a nice big rib roast for a family gathering. They cooked it outside and put it on the picnic table. I had a big Dalmation Coach Hound. I probably don't have to go any further with this but that dog went up and over that table grabbing the roast at light speed and disappeared until the next day.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts