Diesel Place banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some good advise to get 600+hp from my lly with out completly killing my bank acount!

·
Registered
126 Posts
build the trans, use a programmer with intake, exhaust from heads and turbo back. use electric cooling fans. if you're ballsy, you can use electric water pump too. That should get you real close. do head studs

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
If you want to play your going to have to pay, then pay again when you start breaking things.

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Aftermarket turbo, larger injectors, + the normal exhaust/intake/liftpump/etc. Use EFILive with a good race tune from a reputable tuner.
No handheld programmer will get you close, neither will stock turbo/injectors.

Save your money for the rebuild when (not "if") you bend the rods.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
If you are talking just wanting to make rear wheel power on the dyno... it's going to cost. What is your budget limit? You CAN get over 400rwhp for not a lot of money, your transmission will be on borrowed time though.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Nitrous, tune, trans (+ the basics)...done. Relatively cheap. Anyone's guess how long it will last...1 run or 1000.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the good info,the truck has all the basics and then some,my next step is going to be the trans,looking at a kit from from RevMax.

·
Registered
576 Posts
efi, built trans, modified cp3, lift pump, exhaust, intake will get you really close if not over. my truck (with shitty efi tuning) put down 580. another truck set up exactly like mine, but with atp tuning put down 608 on STOCK turbo and injectors.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that is good to know,i figured that you did not have to change the turbo or the injrctors,the truck already has all the basics,lift pump,exhaust,race valves and ports ect.my next step is the trans,then i think i will go with a egr delete kit,manifolds and up pipes,and a larger innercooler and plumbing before the efi live.efi live seems to be the way to go,many people have suggested it to me.looking to build some hp and be as safe with it as possible!:D

·
Registered
962 Posts
don't forget the head studs as mentioned above at least 1 time. blown headgaskets are a weakness in our trucks in stock trim

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
reliable: built bottom end, stock heads, dual cp3, upgraded injectors, twin turbo, built trans, EFI live tuned by idaho rob, duramax tuner, ect.
u can definitely do it on a stock bottom end, but like others have already said. it won't last for ever.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes the head gaskets are a problem.mine where out when i bought the truck,good thing i have been working on D-max's since there release in 01!thanks for all the input

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
So when do you plan on getting this all done? :cool:

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
soon i hope!just looking at all my options right now and gathering up the parts i know i will need no matter what.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.