Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there make a 6 way tank selector valve that has the 1/2 inch and 3/8 inch fuel fittings on it so there is not a restriction? I have one on mine and it came with my 90 gallon tank but feel that there is too much restriction. Pics are in my garage. PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I've been looking for years, 3/8"s feed and 5/16"s return is all anyone offers that I know of for now! That switching valve has been nothing but a pain even with lift pumps. It's going bye bye soon along with all the hoses and wiring in favor of a pump fed fill for the main tank!:ro) From the drivers seat of course!:phatyo:

·
Registered
221 Posts
www.northrntool.com has a six way valve kit but not sure the port sizes. It comes with the valve and wirering.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have the 6 way valve installed and wired. just looking for someone that has their head out of the dark side that makes one that is 1/2 in feed and 3/8 return. maybe someone here should make one and sell it!!!

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I think they're all from a "standard" source. I don't make any big fueling demands, but mine has been performing fine since I installed my aux tank kit in Dec. of 2001.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think Pollak makes all of the ones you see offered by various people. It's the same one I have on my truck and hasn't screwed me up yet. If someone wants to make a badass valve with some real size inlets/outlets, I'd definately be inthe market for it!! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you want to spend the money IMCO makes a six way that has 250 GPH \ 400 lb operating pressure valve. Pricey but it looks like it will stand the test. Plan on spending around $400 for the unit.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
$400? That would sure buy a lot of $36 Pollacks - I guess I'll stay with the 3/8" ports.

·
Registered
102 Posts
But the Pollack won't handle the 250 GPH either. Since this is made for offshore boats and has all of the US Coast Guard safety stuff built into it, like a manuel switch over, the cost is high. Bottom line, it has the capacity that a regular valve does not.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
No doubt the super valve is worth the price, but who's running a Dmax that requires 250 gph? I'm no racer/puller, but I doubt seriously that my Pollack is not providing enough flow for my engine - even without a lift pump.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just feel that my pollack is too restrictive. dragging 1/2 in line to 3/8 and then back to 1/2 inch. and return from 3/8 to 5/16 back to 3/8. where can i buy this super valve

·
Registered
6,504 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
part# 3490900-1505x

·
Registered
6,504 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I couldn't find it on a search on the Northern site - but I'll bet you a beer that it's the Pollack valve. Also sold on JCWhitney.
i second that bet. Northern sells the pollack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.