Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer and asked if i could get the 6 speed manual behind the diesel. The guy was like yes you can but only with a crew cab. WTF! that doesn;t make any sense to me. Does anyone have a reg cab or ext cab with the ZF 6 speed or is he telling the truth?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just went to www.chevrolet.com, then hit build your own. Specked out an 06 regular cab long box six speed. Looked like no problem here in the Northwest. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Local dealer has reg and ex-cab 6spd's sitting on his lot.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I haven't found a salesman that knew jack about it, yet. They are available, at least, limited availability with the LLY engine and LT1 trim. I just ordered mine last week.....none within states of my area. There is speculation that manuals are on their way out, so if you want one..BUY IT. They apparently are not avail in GMC now. Limited production.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Dealer is an idiot and like most, knows little about these trucks. The only order restriction is against ALL Manual Transmissions in the Crew Cab with Single Rear Wheels. LLY/ZF6 available to order in all other combinations execpt the top of the line LT2 or LT3 with leather bucket seats. Now the Hold on the LLY is apparently still on for ALL GMC models, and Chevrolet 3500 models. Limited availabilty for building only 2500HD Chevys now.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
My local dealer is a GMC dealer he has at least 4. :confused:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Pontiac East is building my regular cab Chevrolet with a manual this week. WorkTruck's post explains how mine got into the system so fast. Local dealer still has a LT1 regular cab handshaker sitting on the lot. Sales droids there are idiots, but at least they had a truck for me to test drive. I went to a different dealer where I know the Commercial Manager to order my new truck.

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
When I got mine......you could not order the ZF in the LT....only the LS. BTW, what is LT1, LT2, etc.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Back in 02, there were just three basic trim levels: Base, LS and LT; now there are five: WT, LS, LT1, LT2 and LT3. The levels are really about the same as they were, just that the LT1 still has the cloth bench seat with fold down armrest from the LS. The LT2 (cloth) and LT3 (leather) have bucket seats included in the package along with the full length center console, so accordingly they are automatic and electronic transfer case only.

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Back in 02, there were just three basic trim levels: Base, LS and LT; now there are five: WT, LS, LT1, LT2 and LT3. The levels are really about the same as they were, just that the LT1 still has the cloth bench seat with fold down armrest from the LS. The LT2 (cloth) and LT3 (leather) have bucket seats included in the package along with the full length center console, so accordingly they are automatic and electronic transfer case only.
Thanks for the info. In '02, you could not get the ZF with the LT package......even thought the console did NOT go past the seat. P!$$ed me off.....what idiot makes those kind of decisions?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thanks for the info. In '02, you could not get the ZF with the LT package......even thought the console did NOT go past the seat. P!$$ed me off.....what idiot makes those kind of decisions?
The same idiots that are making the decision not to include the ZF in future trucks...

·
Registered
12,950 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Actually there are more 6 speed trucks than we think, now don't get me wrong not near as many as there are allisons. But I had some time to kill yesterday and I found 10. One was even with in 15 miles from my house. If any one needs any help finding one let me know I will help you out.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Actually there are more 6 speed trucks than we think, now don't get me wrong not near as many as there are allisons. But I had some time to kill yesterday and I found 10. One was even with in 15 miles from my house. If any one needs any help finding one let me know I will help you out.
Im kinda looking for one, Within the next few months anyway. Look at my sig. thats what Im looking for if you could help me out.
thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
106 Posts
Got pm.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Got an 02, look at my sig. That saleman, like all of them, is full of **** and don't know his ass from a hole in the ground.:ro)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pm sent to Clutch Buster

1 - 17 of 17 Posts