Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 6.0 gasser and love it to death. It pulls hard. I just got the Westers performance ECM and WOW, what a diffrence. I know there is no real info in this post. I just wanted to be the first post in the gasser section.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
1BADHD,

Are you the same guy on putc that thought that the predator was better?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cdhd2001 said:
1BADHD,

Are you the same guy on putc that thought that the predator was better?

Maybe.
I had to try one for myself. I just got it in and installed Tuesday. I have to say its better than the Predator, but not like everyone was talking about. I will give it time to learn. Now if I went from stock to the Westers. My god, there would have been a difference. But going from a quality programmer to the Westers, its not that big of a gain. But I will give Lyndon credit, he knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Cool! We knew you would like it if you tried it!

I am still debating on using Lyndon's tuning on my duramax. He gave me full credit for the other truck's tune. Cost of Lyndon's new tune for the dmax would be $120. Now, I am just waiting for the price of PCM's to come down. Last quote for a 2003 Duramax PCM was $1,500.

I am using the Superchip Dmax tuner for now (cheapest best/best cheapest dmax tuner at the moment).

Enjoy!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you let the other ECM go with the other truck? If not, what did you do when you got rid of it? Edited by: 1BADHD

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I paid the $170 core charge for the pcm and kept both. When I traded the 2001 I reinstalled the stock PCM and kept Lyndon's PCM. Too bad the 2001 PCM will not work on the 2003! BTW, if I send Lyndon's PCM back he will send the core charge amount.
The problem at the moment is not Lyndon's work (Dmax tune) but the fact that the dealership's service department is extremely anal. Plus, I am being paranoid and don't want my 100k warranty voided.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1BADHD said:
I have the 6.0 gasser and love it to death. It pulls hard. I just got the Westers performance ECM and WOW, what a diffrence. I know there is no real info in this post. I just wanted to be the first post in the gasser section.

Hey man, I totally agree with you!!! See sig...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dmaxalliTech said:
Give more info on the pcm please, web site? prices? I want one to play with

http://westers_garage.eidnet.org/Index2.htm

I purchased the ECM from Westers on a group buy. So I got 20% off the price. I had the Predator programmer before I got the Westers ECM. i thought I had teh best there was and was very happy with it. But the Westers just keeps getting better. I knocked off 1 second on my 0-60 times with the Westers over the Predator. I know 0-60doesnt tell you it oulls 9,000lbs better. But that goes to show there is more rwhp and torque there. Any ohter specific questions about it, let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
IM GOING TO THROW THIS OUT THERE DOES ANYONE MAKE A STACKABLE CHIP FOR A GAS MOTOR? I KNOW THEY MAKE THEM FOR THE DIESELS.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
There needs to be a site like this one for 6.0 L and 8.1 engines.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No stackable chips for gassers. If you guys want a site on 6.0 and the other LS1 small blocks. Go to www.LS1Tech.com Them boys over there can tell you anything you want to know.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Westers tune is in my opinion the best tune you can get for the 6.0L motors. Woke my 6.0L up a bunch....

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
OK everyone running Westers pcm, do u have to run premium fuel all the time?

Anyone know if any have been put in an H2?

Westers website doesn't work for me.Edited by: Dmax Tim

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can get a dual octane tune if you want!! You can get a 87/91 tune. But....you wont get the full potential of a all out 91-93 octane HOT TUNE. Here is Westers site.... http://westers_garage.eidnet.org/Index2.htm

·
Registered
162 Posts
You do not have to run 91/93 octane fuel with a Westers unless you order the Hot Tune as 1BADHD stated above. I run 93 in my truck all the time and I only have the 87 tune. Will be upgrading shortly to the Hot Tune. More power...

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
1 BADHD or Chevyfreek have u had it on a dyno to see how much u actually picked up?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dont have a actual dyno. Lyndon has said he has seen his tune pick up 38-42 rwhp on a totally stock 6.0. I tell you what. The way it feels, I beleive it!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts