Diesel Place banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Here is the truck on 38's with 6" and cutouts...tires are a little narow for my taste but to each is his own...Let me know if you need more, I have a couple more saved.
Thanks, How is it with those tires and the stock gearing?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'm sure it's dead. My truck died when it got 37's.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Not my truck so couldn't tell you, sorry. I just seem to save a lot of pictures of lifted trucks onto my computer...

·
Registered
15 Posts
6" Lift and 37" Tires

Cowboy717,

Just purchased a 08' 2500HD Crew 6'6" Bed, 6" Lift with 35" Toyo MT's and 20" Incubus Recoils. In my garage I have a pic of the wheel and tire combo that shows the clearance pretty well. Based on my observations you would have trouble with 37's on a 6" lift.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Can you remember who that was? I was thinking about 38.5's with a 6" ProComp and Bushwacker Cut outs.

Here thats the truck buildup posted pics of

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
mine with the 37's is not too bad. highway it does good. i average about 20mpg but around town its like 15-16 if im easy on the gas

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
all the trucks look awesome!!, what kinda mileage is everyone gettin with those 37's?? what gearing ya'll have??

·
Banned
194 Posts
all the trucks look awesome!!, what kinda mileage is everyone gettin with those 37's?? what gearing ya'll have??
With my 35" tires hand calc. highway mileage pulling 10K trailer at 75mph avg. is 10.67mpg. Empty hwy hand calc. is between 17-19. Have not calc. city driving as the truck is not a daily driver, it is a third vehicle used primarily for towing (aka pavement queen):D:D

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Here thats the truck buildup posted pics of
Thanks, I remember that thread. I just want to hear if anyone had any problems before I pull the trigger on 38.5's. I think I may just go with 37's when the time comes, and do the 38.5 upgrade when I can afford gears and a new tranny. I'm so glad I bit the bullet and cut my fenders. That's how the truck should have come from the factory, with the 315's. As soon as I clean it up a bit, I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I was considering doing the cutouts and 39's also, but im with you, i wanna wait until i can do gears and a built trans. I gotta say though, so far im really happy that i went with 37's. Atleast for now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 07 classic with BDS 4.5 and 37’s. Using the FOX coil overs got rid of torsion bars. There is still a slight rub on full turn though. Maybe time to raise the coil overs.
1DFFCE80-945E-4010-BDBE-FE90A4A8DAC6.jpeg

21 - 33 of 33 Posts