Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i don't have a duramax but being from chevy blood i'm thinkin about trading the dodge off. i'm wantin at least an extend cab or crew cab short bed, but, lovin the height of my dodge, i want it lifted. i do offroad because of huntin, fishin, and the usual,
so the question is, anyone runnin this setup? i would like to see some pics and how much trimmin is involved.
thanks guys

·
Registered
121 Posts
i have a duramax with a 6in lift and 35's and i had to do some trimming with 35's so i would think you would have to do a good bit of trimming with 37's..thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Im running 37's on my 6" Tuff Country with about an inch maybe inch and half crank on my T-bars and i dont rub at ALL. They fit really about perfect.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Backspacing is definately a factor, although i didnt trim anything.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That was my predicamint. I was set on 37'' tires but didnt want to pay for an 8'' lift. i was going to get a 6'' and crank the TB's an 1.5-2 inches. DUMB.
When it was time to sign the paper on my ordered i went with the 8''.
i have an 06' and 37's would not fit on a 6'' without the TB's cranked. My advice is pay the extra $ and do it right. else stick with the 35's. Its going to be problems down the road.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im running 37's on my 6" Tuff Country with about an inch maybe inch and half crank on my T-bars and i dont rub at ALL. They fit really about perfect.
yes, they fit about perfect, but what happens when you go off road and your shocks recoil and your tires go up into your wells. Im sure you'll be rubbing then. Dont tell me you wont because my 8'' and 37's still rub WITH a little bit trimmed off the front valance when im offroading. I have to trim some more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2006 2500HD Gasser: 6-7.5" Superlift 37 12.50 17 Pro Comp Xtreme Muds. No rubbing, but trimmed a little to be safe. And Rigstar...your Fabtech rubs because it widens the track on the front end.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
How you like the 37's? Running a spring or block in the rear?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
yes, they fit about perfect, but what happens when you go off road and your shocks recoil and your tires go up into your wells. Im sure you'll be rubbing then. Dont tell me you wont because my 8'' and 37's still rub WITH a little bit trimmed off the front valance when im offroading. I have to trim some more.
I guess every truck is a little different, but i can assure you my truck does not rub at all. Thanks to the amazing ifs, these truck dont have **** for suspension flex any who so thats not much of a factor. I still have a little space between bumpstops so the ride isnt harsh and my cv angles arnt steep either. It all opinoin, but i thnk 35's looked too small on my long bed full size so i went 37's and im glad i did.

Heres the amount of room i have in my fender wells.

And.. My cv angles

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Whats everyone running for bs and offset on there rims?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I cant remember the exact specs of my rims, but I think they have a 4.5 backspacing. They are the Moto Metal 951's if that helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think i saw someone on here that runs 38.5's on a 6" tough country,,, that ride looks completely awesome imo:D

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i think i saw someone on here that runs 38.5's on a 6" tough country,,, that ride looks completely awesome imo:D
Ya thats a really good looking truck. He just used cutouts and the 6" lifts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anybody got anymore pix with this combo??

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Can you remember who that was? I was thinking about 38.5's with a 6" ProComp and Bushwacker Cut outs.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
yeah he did a really go job on it. If i were you id do the samething he did and put some cutouts on it or run some fiberglass fenders then you never have to worry about a rubbing issue. Im doin fiberglass on my truck and thinkin of either sellin the lift and gettin a 6" or go to some 39" BFG Baja project tires to fill the wells up some more :D:D

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Here is the truck on 38's with 6" and cutouts...tires are a little narow for my taste but to each is his own...Let me know if you need more, I have a couple more saved.

Attachments

·
Banned
194 Posts
Minor trimming was needed to clear my 35's w/RCD 6 inch lift. I am not interested in cheating with the torsion bars and making the ride stiffer...been there and tried that. I would suggest green keys to gain the extra 2 inches in addition to a 6" lift in order to have a more plush ride, unless you want to pony up for a 10 inch lift.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'm running 37's on my 6" pro comp lift. The bars are cranked about 2"s I have not rubbed them. I never go off road either. I'm going to be able to fit 38.5's no problem. I'm not going to do cut out bush wacker flares either. I'm sure the 38.5's will rub but i don't think they fit untill they rub. I'm sure it woun't be bad I will just have to take it easy when turning into parking lots and the truck flexes some. I'm also running the MX'6 shocks up front also. It stiffens things up pretty good also. Love the ride also. I just have to wait untill the 37's wear out to justify buying the 38's. My rim is a Moto Metal 951 also. It's a 17X9 with 4.5" backspace. The 4.5 inch backspace is a industry standard for rims now days. I will get a 18X10 to run the 38's, if I can find a 18 in a 10 inch wide to run.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts