Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got it figured out! I used the cracked 506 block for R and D. all went well so I Chucked the 599 into the table mill and Drilled out 2 more holes next to the outside main cap bolts, Then we took 3 other main caps and cut the outside flanges off of them and I had them profesionally welded to the useable main caps. The outside flanges are the same height as the flanges next to them, Then I put them in the mill and made everything flat and machined fillets on the ends to clear the pan, Then tourqued it all down and line honed it, We also went .20 over on the bores for the 18:1 pistons. I had the block sonic checked In the bottom of the bores to see what kind of material is left around the new holes. That is the beefiest part of the whole block! Splayed mains would end up in basically the same location, however, six bolts spreads the load from the journal all the way out to the pan rails. I believe this is going to make this block very strong and resistant to cracks.

Unfortunately, theres only room to do it on the center three mains, But they are the weakest ones anyway.

Will post pics as soon as I can find a camera!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Then tourqued it all down and line honed it, We also went .20 over on the bores for the 18:1 pistons. I had the block sonic checked In the bottom of the bores to see what kind of material is left around the new holes. quote]

Where r u getting the pistons? I have a set for sale if you like.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pistons

Chicago, what are you asking for those slugs? I figured you had already sold them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts