Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I beat my buddies 2002 DuraMax in a straight line race for about an 1/8 mile. His truck is just a stock DMax CC short box but it was very fulfilling, he was pissed too because he thinks it is the greatest thing.

Needless to say, he is buying the edge kit this month and he said there will be a rematch soon.

But I had a full trucklength on him, made me proud:D:D:D:D!

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Yup a tweaked 6.5 can let er rip until they start modding, heck with enough hi-way and right tune you would have kept the lead as GM rpm limiter would keep em down as well, got a Dmaxer building contractor wanting to know how come his Max won't stay up with my 6.5, we will be trading some hurricane repair for under hood work to his Max

·
Registered
57 Posts
Standing start or 20 stomp (or 10, 15, etc) Good job anyway!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Good runnin 6.5 Things like that make the money we spend on our trucks "worth it" :D

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
good to here but im with the fermanator i will be in your class soon TDP

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took him off the line from 0 to 65 then that was an eigth of a mile. I need to get a video but it will be hard to convince him to get his truck getting wooped by mine;)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sweet! The D-Max guys wont like this.):h It would be sweet to have a video though. At least a video of your truck running down some back country road at WOT:D

Eric

·
Registered
628 Posts
Good job! My truck won't even come close to keeping up with my brothers CC LB Duramax w/exhaust and Hypertech. Not any speed, from standing or rolling start. Never has.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I beat my buddies 2002 DuraMax in a straight line race for about an 1/8 mile. His truck is just a stock DMax CC short box but it was very fulfilling, he was pissed too because he thinks it is the greatest thing.

Needless to say, he is buying the edge kit this month and he said there will be a rematch soon.

But I had a full trucklength on him, made me proud:D:D:D:D!
Just makes you think what else you could do with a 92mm pump and reflash eh?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I can't hardly give my truck WOT. My EGT's get up 1000 pretty quickly when I really get in it.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Lets see.... they called for the first time a week ago last wednesday, said a couple more days at most for the heads to get done.... been 9 days now since then!

·
Registered
628 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
great job chicago! Don't hear these types of stories to often so it was nice to see :grd:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts