Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hook up to my Father-in-Laws truck with my '95 6.5TD, he has a 88 2500 with a stock 350 and 4.10's, he has an automatic, my truck (in my signature) is straight drive, who would win empty pull bumper to bumper on pavement?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Four wheel drive might give you the traction you need to pull him, but why ?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Four wheel drive might give you the traction you need to pull him, but why ?
"I want to hook up to my Father-in-Laws truck with my '95 6.5TD" This was a quote.

Just a thought:D ):h

Mark

·
Registered
101 Posts
Put me down for $10 on the 6.5. It weighs more in the front end. I've used this advantage twice against smart a$$ gas truck owners in a pull off. My big black dually is still the champ.:coolio:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
What ever happened to the guy a month or two back that was hookin up to his buddy's ford? Did that ever happen? I think that if we allow this "pull" to happen....we will require some proof, in the form of pictures, video, witness, or pics of broken parts.):h

·
Super Moderator
6,012 Posts
Pull him in the dirt instead, same result without the broken parts that go with pulling on pavement:cool: I'll take 20.00 on the 6.5 and make sure you take him for a long ride backwards and take lots of pictures):h

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Both will probably be losers when they break.

Last one I saw the drive shaft came out of one and the other broke something in the rear end.

These were F600 trucks though, lighter trucks might be some what forgiving.

But if you wanna go with the 56,000 lb'er in my picture there it's ready.

·
Registered
943 Posts
If sombody actually ever did this type of thing, I suppose somebody could provide a somewhat educated answer, but people often wonder, it seems:cool:

Personally I have never had the urge.

·
Registered
72 Posts
there was an offroad show here this past fall where that had a mud pit tug of war, it was priety exciting to watch, there were a wide varay of rigs there, the ones that came out of it ok(under there own power) were the stock ones, the ones with lift and big tires tore the **** out of stuff, from ball joings to U joints to transfer cases........the "eliminator" was an 86 chev half ton, all stock with 31in at's, it broke everything it went up against

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have pulled a 99 Jeep in 4x4 with my 6.5. No problems pulling backwards. I also pulled a 200? Duramax with my old V3500 454, it took some pulling but I finally won!

For years I used a 86 diesel Burb for skiding logs, huge ones and never once broke anything yanking on those.

I have a video of the 454 vs Duramax pull, I will post it.

Here it is!

http://video.dieselplace.com/player.aspx?fileid=896781EA-B25E-43CA-83CF-8D58E540D4A2

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts