Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I entered my old truck in the truck of the month contest let's see if the world still appreciates the venerable old 6.5L

·
Registered
524 Posts
Got any pictures??

I'd love to see it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
what is this truck of the month thing?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
634 Posts
Good luck to you Renegade, you have a real nice looking truck there.

Pete

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Very nice, renegade. Where did you get the 2" blocks for the rear, how does the "white torsion bar key" business work, and where can you buy them?

I'd love to add a couple inches of height to my burb, and my 285's would thank me for it.

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
I submitted Chicago's Truck for Truck of the Month.

I think he is out there on the technological "Bleeding edge". CanadianRigger's would be good as well, if'n it ran...

Tim

·
Registered
3,598 Posts

I think he is out there on the technological "Bleeding edge". CanadianRigger's would be good as well, if'n it ran...

Tim
Soon.... very friggen sooooonnnnn...:D

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Soon.... very friggen sooooonnnnn...:D

Yea, and the checks in the mail, and I will still respect you in the morning... yada yada yada..):h

Tim

PS ya know, sitting here watching the smilies in your signature can be hypnotic. They 'nod' at slightly different rates. It takes almost 6 seconds for them to go in time, to 180 out, to back in time.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

Tim
I am touched, I really am :eek::

I don't know what to say except thank you,

Now do I have to submit pics or do they take them off of my garage? I will go get a nice burnout shot then just for the occasion.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
PS ya know, sitting here watching the smilies in your signature can be hypnotic. They 'nod' at slightly different rates. It takes almost 6 seconds for them to go in time, to 180 out, to back in time.
You gotta do something better with your time dude. ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice, renegade. Where did you get the 2" blocks for the rear, how does the "white torsion bar key" business work, and where can you buy them?

I'd love to add a couple inches of height to my burb, and my 285's would thank me for it.
Lots of companies make the 2 inch blocks, make sure you get steel. Tuff Country is the company (I believe) that made mine. Most truck aftermarket parts stores will carry them (stay away from the extruded aluminum).

The White Keys are torsion bar indexing keys, they are a factory part you can get right from GM Part Direct or from a dealer. My 2500 came with green keys in place and I replaced them with white (a little more indexing so it keeps a little more tension on the t-bars) Search for Torsion bar or green key on this site and you will find tons of info. Also the best way to know what keys to buy is to run your vin with the dealer and find out which keys you have then go up one or two steps. Research it as well, it is easy to do, but make sure to follow the advice of others on safety as it can be dangerous if done incorrectly.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Uh oh lots of D-Max competition in there now, is the Ol 6.5er in trouble or what?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Wow, renegade and chicago...those are some pretty nice trucks you guys got there. Good luck in the truck of the month.

I just put 2" blocks on a week ago and everything seems good. I have been debating how much to crank the torsion bars if any. I've heard a couple guys with dmax's crank them up to lift 1.5 or 2" without alignment and the tires are wearing fine and all. All i would want to raise it is maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Do the keys just do the exact same thing as cranking the bars? So to get say 1" of lift, you could crank the t-bars they way they are or install a new key which still cranks the bars the same amount but re-indexes them to allow even further movement?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yea, new keys just allows you to crank more. Or, to have the same amount of lift without using ALL the threads on the adjuster bolts.

Bill

·
Registered
634 Posts
Truck of the Month

Just for fun, I was thinking about entering my truck for the 'Truck of the Month'. But after reading the rules, I think your truck has to be modified (please correct me if I'm wrong) My truck is completely stock.

I'm going to take some more pictures of it this weekend to put in my album.

Thank you,

Pete

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pretty sure any and all member trucks are welcome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts