Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coming through town the other evening, single cab ford work truck, late model 04-05, guy with his wife pulls up to light after passing me to get there. It must have been just us diesel heads cause we both jumped off the line. Don't know if it was anything but made my day. He wasn't the fastest changing gears, may have been the divider but pulled him by truck and half before next light 300yds away.

·
Registered
414 Posts
nice job!! and sharpe lookin truck! did it in style:cool:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice kill!! My mother in law has a PSD w/manual and yeah it's pretty tough to row. More often then not, it's the driver that makes the diff.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Awesome, now I am just waiting for the Powerstroke guys to start saying it isn't true like they did when Ratman beat one.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Awesome, now I am just waiting for the Powerstroke guys to start saying it isn't true like they did when Ratman beat one.
Yeah, but 1 1/2 trucks in 300 yards is alot difference than 15 trucks in the 1/8th (220 yards).

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, but 1 1/2 trucks in 300 yards is alot difference than 15 trucks in the 1/8th (220 yards).
:blahblah:

No it's not. Getting spanked is getting spanked.

I don't give a rat's a$$ if the guy I was running was having boost controller problems or not.

Besides, if you go back and read the post, (due to several people's request), I went back and checked the distance and it DID in fact come out to more than 1/8 (it was 2/10 to be exact).

Regardless, the POINT I was trying to make when I originally posted wasn't some far fetched BS story of a 6.5 whipping a PSD, but rather, the guy was screwing with me, -then got smoked by some old outdated POS diesel like mine because of faulty equipment on his end.

Most of the PSD's running around my area are modded and run VERY well. There's no friggin' way my ol' 6.5 would even hold a candle to those guys trucks, -but then and again, the bank doesn't own my truck either. :exactly:

·
Registered
267 Posts
:blahblah:

No it's not. Getting spanked is getting spanked.

I don't give a rat's a$$ if the guy I was running was having boost controller problems or not.

Besides, if you go back and read the post, (due to several people's request), I went back and checked the distance and it DID in fact come out to more than 1/8 (it was 2/10 to be exact).

Regardless, the POINT I was trying to make when I originally posted wasn't some far fetched BS story of a 6.5 whipping a PSD, but rather, the guy was screwing with me, -then got smoked by some old outdated POS diesel like mine because of faulty equipment on his end.

Most of the PSD's running around my area are modded and run VERY well. There's no friggin' way my ol' 6.5 would even hold a candle to those guys trucks, -but then and again, the bank doesn't own my truck either. :exactly:
Actually you never said anything about faulty equipment on his end in your original post, you just posted about how you spanked him when he was barreling towards you while rollin the coal. I agree a win is a win but if I put 15 trucks on somone vs. 1 1/2 trucks on another, well in my opinion 15 trucks is a spankin. Now if you would of posted your original post a little differently, you might have not gotten so much $hit.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I don't care. It is always nice to see a Ford where it belongs. Behind you. It's even better when it's being towed.):h

·
Registered
524 Posts
Actually you never said anything about faulty equipment on his end in your original post, you just posted about how you spanked him when he was barreling towards you while rollin the coal. I agree a win is a win but if I put 15 trucks on somone vs. 1 1/2 trucks on another, well in my opinion 15 trucks is a spankin. Now if you would of posted your original post a little differently, you might have not gotten so much $hit.
I apologize for being a little "on-edge" in the last post, I was at work and was dealing with the usual slough of crap.

I agree with you, I didn't really explain what happened in enough detail. I could tell he must have been fighting a problem of sorts when I saw him overfueling so bad. I just thought it was kind of hilarious to see a guy that was so overconfident get spanked because his rig didn't run up to snuff, -to a measly 6.5 no less.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's cool, work drives me crazy I totally understand, same $hit different toilet. It's not kind of hilarious, it's totally hilarious when someone gets owned when they really deserve it. Keep on truckin!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm a 6 speed powerstroke guy so I know the trucks are SLOW. Just in case you didn't know us 6 speed folks are at a disadvantage no matter what brand of diesel you got in there. If you want a drag racer get an auto tranny! :exactly:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm a 6 speed powerstroke guy so I know the trucks are SLOW. Just in case you didn't know us 6 speed folks are at a disadvantage no matter what brand of diesel you got in there. If you want a drag racer get an auto tranny! :exactly:
350, I look at it this way, changing an occasional clutch sure beats the heck outta forkin' out for a new or rebuilt auto!

Keep that 6 speed!!:grd:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I'm a 6 speed powerstroke guy so I know the trucks are SLOW. Just in case you didn't know us 6 speed folks are at a disadvantage no matter what brand of diesel you got in there. If you want a drag racer get an auto tranny!
I didn't mean to start sh*t, I am sure most trucks on here would spank mine, and I have an auto, I just belive that there are quite a few posts in the Kill stories that people stretch the truth a little on and that's what makes them fun to read. I don't care if you got a 6.2,6.5,Dmax,PSD,or CTD a kill is a kill and if you want to stretch the truth a little to make it more fun to read, fine by me, just so you did actually win. As a owner of a 6.5TD I love to read the few kills that 6.5's get. Sorry for starting an argument all over again. Matt.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I agree, the clutch behind this 6.0 is pretty tough. I put down 422 last week at sunrise ford dyno event and the clutch held. I went through 5 clutches in my 7.3 before I got one that would hold.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't care. It is always nice to see a Ford where it belongs. Behind you. It's even better when it's being towed.):h
:funnypost:muahaha:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I agree, the clutch behind this 6.0 is pretty tough. I put down 422 last week at sunrise ford dyno event and the clutch held. I went through 5 clutches in my 7.3 before I got one that would hold.
350, this is stretching this thread off topic, but do you know what diameter the clutch is in your rig? Is it a twin disc setup, or just a single disc?

That's pretty impressive, -especially if it's a stock clutch.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I didn't mean to start sh*t, Matt.
SNIP

Matt, no harm, no foul. As far as stretching the stories go, -I really felt no need to do that. Quite a few guys thought that my story in my thread was BS, -and to be honest, it really doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Besides, I really enjoy reading through ALL of the kill stories simply because there is always controversy. Without controversy, -what fun would it be anyway?

I say keep the stories and controversy coming, -it's all good stuff!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Besides, I really enjoy reading through ALL of the kill stories simply because there is always controversy. Without controversy, -what fun would it be anyway?

I say keep the stories and controversy coming, -it's all good stuff!
:exactly:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.