Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1994 GMC 6.5L Naturally Aspirated Diesel K1500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an oil leak and I seen something about the CDR valve so I went to clean it. After I took off the CDR part I saw this in my intake. Idk if it’s supposed to be some sort of filter or if it’s even supposed to be there. But it seem like it was clogging up the flow.

Let me know if anyone knows what this it?

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,760 Posts
I believe that catches oil droplets from crankcase vapors and lets them accumulate on the netting and drop back into the crankcase..

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
It's supposed to be there, if you remove it the oil that gets kicked up from the rockers will be sucked in the cdr making things even worse....

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
You should replace the CDR. Cleaning it can damage it. One of your other posts talks about oil leaks. A bad CDR will allow pressure to build in the crank case forcing oil out of seals and gaskets.

Reactions: 56pan and OkDually

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should replace the CDR. Cleaning it can damage it. One of your other posts talks about oil leaks. A bad CDR will allow pressure to build in the crank case forcing oil out of seals and gaskets.
thank just order new one

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe that catches oil droplets from crankcase vapors and lets them accumulate on the netting and drop back into the crankcase..
i found the netting in the intake so i think it got sucked into there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts