Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I recently discovered that on my '97 Cheyenne Crew Cab Dually I have all lights working except for the rear brake lights.

The rear running/parking lights work. The rear hazard flashers work. The rear turn signals work. But the brake lights (and the center brake light on the cab) DO NOT work.

I've checked the fuses on the side of the dash. The "stop/haz" fuse is good and has power, but the "brake" fuse is good but DOES NOT have power.

Where under the dash am I going to need to start looking for the power break? The brake pedal switch? The directional switch wiring?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I would start with the brake switch and see if it has power, then see if there is power going threw it. when you activate it,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's fixed! For all those who are interested - the problem was one that I created when I replaced the dash. I left the brake pedal switch harness extension unplugged from its harness connector. In my defense - the two halves of the connector had different wire counts. the harness leading from under the dash had four wires, while the harness extension going to the brake pedal switch had six wires.

All my tail/brake lights are working again! Had to remove the steering column to fix it..., but it's fixed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts