1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i get a steady 14 mpg mixed driving with my 93 i have 3:42 rear end and a 5 speed manual and always have some kind of weigh in the bed and im very happy with my mileage im also running 285's and have a pretty heavy foot the IP is cranked up some too

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rex, Can you tell me how you cranked up you pump?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
sure i got theses directions from tempoffroad another member here

you will need a flat screwdriver a 5/32 allen wrench must have a ball end on it and a 15/16" socket remove the upper intake manifold and get your self a gasket for it too then remove the top cover off the pump 3 t-20 screws iirc you will have to loosen the throttle postion sensor to get to one of the t-20 screws after you have the top cover off take the socket and put it on your alternator bolt and start turning it clockwise

as you do this you will see right beside a spring that runs the length of the pump a hole on the left side if your looking at it and slowly turn the alternator untill you see the allen bolt its very hard to see will take a while the first time thats why you need the allen wrench with the ball end on it so you can get the screw at a angle once you get on the screw turn it clock wise no more than a 1/8 of a turn unless you have gauges get your self a turkey baster to get all the fuel out other wise youll never see the screw i turned mine about a 1/4 turn and it made a huge improvment in throttle responce and accleration lots of black smoke at WOT but no smoke under normal accleration

hopefully my directions are understandable if you need more help PM me and we can go over this on the phone some times its easier to talk then type good luck it took me about 20 min from start to finish the first time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts