Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey awesome site great info ....been usin the search tab a sh*tload and readin even more....;) ....I luv my truck but I really hate the way GM has left us loyal owners twisting in the wind with big $$$ for repairs my Z71 has had the IP changed twice once under warranty then outside of mileage..my paint peeled off due to primer problems which I had too strip to bear metal and reprime properly and paint...I had the fuel solenoid on the side of my newest IP crap out which GM will not sell seperate (lucky my bro is a commercial diesel shop mech who got me one) must buy new IP Censored ....and now I'm finally getting the great chance to change the $700.00 PMD. WELL I feel better .....now off my soap box ....many thanks to all the people here who have shared info because of you all I saved alot of time and trouble shooting headaches.....my truck has also a electrical boogeyman somewhere which I'll probably need a priest and holy water to get rid of...I just changed all the glow plugs and batteries and still the bugger floods and will barely start at -10 outside...the throttle has been very spongey also meaning the truck hesitates on take off but quickely recovers and boost hits turbo at good numbers ( have tested ) so I'm hoping this PMD thing will fix some of the problems with acceleration and coldstart but I'm doubtful....One other thing is it even worth changing the PMD if I do not remote mount it out of the engine valley...as I do not have a wiring extension kit on hand and my truck is barely running at the moment and I need it for work...but I'd hate to throw away in 6 months a 700.00 part because of remounting it in same place..Thanks Thesmoke:ro)

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Jesus of sweetness, where are you buying a PMD for $700?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Jesus of sweetness, where are you buying a PMD for $700?

i dunno but at that price i'd be willing to sell you one for 695.00 shipping included. :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealers up here in Ontario are demanding 700 smackers for a PMD....no shCensored t ....I didn't pay that but thats dealer price...Thesmoke

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Welcome to the site, where the lessons are free, IMO best bang for buck go Heath route 7yr warranty will keep you from paying for it again. spend some time in FAQ also when you get a minute update your signature line

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quick question were does most people buy there part up here in Canada like the Health PMD with warranty thing is this from B&D Power or another...I'd luv to find a great after market site that won't rape you price wise....Thesmoke:ro)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I sent you a PM with info where I got mine in Canada

·
Registered
3,752 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh sure Nick now the secrets out the guys sold out:eek: .....LOL...just kiddin..thanks for the info I still like to have some posts regarding good reliable online sites for parts for my 94...thanks Thesmoke:cool: ...Bye the way my new PMD is in and the truck is running 100% better took it out last night spongey throttle gone:cool2: ....I'll take it for a good run today let it heat up and see what happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts