Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to a video of my 6.5. It's at night and isn't great, but it's all I have right now. I'm working on some more from a pickup pull last year.

Click here to see Video

When I'm even with the camera I'm going 50+ mph. It's not very quick with the 6.2 pump, but hopefully more reliable.

·
Registered
538 Posts
cool video! Next time get it in the day time and we can get a good view of it:ro)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Pretty sweet Man

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
You guy's will see some good vid's from me also....... sometime this year i hope!!!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm really new to the 6.5L engine so my questions are the following:

1) What is the difference between a 1994 6.5L vs 1998 6.5L

2) On the RPO codes, I noticed there were 6.5L Turbo HO and 6.5L Turbo,
can someone tell me the difference between the two engines?

I didn't see this information in the FAQ document so if someone could shed some light on these questions then that would be great.

Thank you,

Pete..:)
Start a new thread with the above info!

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
That avatar is making me jealous CR.:ro) :cool2:

·
Registered
3,598 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
CR,

You have a 6.5L pickup????? :muahaha:

·
Registered
3,598 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
CR, looks like you put 3" of block under the springs to lift it. I was considering doing something similar (maybe not quite as much). My rear end is level....err lower than the front end with no load on it. Did you raise the front too??

·
Registered
8,014 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
CR, looks like you put 3" of block under the springs to lift it. I was considering doing something similar (maybe not quite as much). My rear end is level....err lower than the front end with no load on it. Did you raise the front too??
I'll ASSume your talking about my 95? 00 Has no lift yet but will as soon as it comes back to me.

Now the 95 is lifted 6", suspension only, they use a 4" block on the rear and add a couple of springs, the entire front end is then dropped 6" and the torsion bars are also dropped at the tranny mount, its an excellent kit, all alignments are kept factory, the torsion bars are not simply turned up to get the lift. Truck has 15 X 35" rubber too, as big as would fit. Ride is very nice. Pro-comp kit.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
6.5 equipped lawn ornaments:D
I can hardly wait till this summer so i can do as i planned last summer, drive around the states and meet some 6.5 guys, and i may just have to drive all the way down south now just so i can watch you drool on my truck...):h

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Looking fwd to it let me know when it will be, maybe it can be the kick off of a GTG,

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I can hardly wait till this summer so i can do as i planned last summer, drive around the states and meet some 6.5 guys, and i may just have to drive all the way down south now just so i can watch you drool on my truck...):h
Looking forward to it

:grd: Bring it on :ro)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hopefully soon CR! Can't wait to see some picts:ro)

Sounds like a nice set-up you got there for the 95'. It just looked like your 00' in your avatar is jacked up. Seems like a big gap from the top of the rear tire up to the wheel well.

·
Registered
590 Posts
DD i love how that thing smokes . What do i have to do to get mine to smoke like that? I need a mech. Pump.LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts