Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Are The Known Problems With These Motors Im Hearing Some Bad Things Like They Like To Eat Cranks And The Break Rocker Arms Well I Went Thru The Rocker Arm Thing Sat 1 St Hand And It Was A Pain Being Out Of Town 4 Hrs Away Nobody Around Open To Get The Parts From .i Guess What I Want To Know Is This Something I Can Look Forward To Or Just A Freaky Thing That Happen .well Let Me Know Gents And Ladies Before I Just Sell It .thanks Again Donnie

Its A 95 Dually 4wd Crew 6.5 Turbo Diesel It Had 190,000 It The Guy I Bought It From Said He Put A New Motor In It But He Didnt Im Thinking He Did Some Head Work And Replaced The Crank Which Is What He Told Me Was Wrong With It When He Bought It (crank)

· Registered
3,177 Posts
You treat 'em right... know how to love 'em, read some of the FAQ's, all you'll come to love them too.

They are not indestrucable... know their limits, and what to expect... they'll treat ya alright. Welcome aboard... your in the right place for folks who love and care about the 6.5

· Registered
889 Posts
I heard the same things and before I bought mine I talked to 3 people who actually owned them instead of what people say goes wrong with them, and one was just shy of 300K miles on it and has had no major problems another over 200K with no major problems, and then the 3rd had 42K on it and would sometimes stall(probably PMD), but other than that loved the truck.

· Registered
502 Posts
I pick'd up my abused and neglected truck from a Ford dealer. It's been a few bucks to get it back in line, but it is running great now. If you understand the issues, and limitations, they are a good motor.

The biggest thing I've noticed, myself and on the forum, is not understanding a problem properly. This can cost big bucks and leave a very bad taste for the 6.5 (or any engine).

#1 advice, understand the problem before buying parts.

Enjoy, there is alway help at the DieselPlace.

· Registered
406 Posts
I've had a few problems with mine but overall it runs great. Doesn't give me the mileage I was hopeing for but it still much better than 6 cyl f-150 I had.

Every vehicle is noted for something. Make sure you get one that has been well maintained & with the info & help on this site you should be fine.

· Registered
2,850 Posts
if it was junk i doubt i'd have plowed so many mods into mine. money could have been spent elsewhere if ya know what i mean. Ed

· Registered
2 Posts
my '98 turbo diesel smokes horribly. Just started doing it one day. just put all new injectors in ....still smoking especially while sitting still.Seems to be loading up on fuel however it runs smoothly.

· Registered
2,970 Posts
my '98 turbo diesel smokes horribly. Just started doing it one day. just put all new injectors in ....still smoking especially while sitting still.Seems to be loading up on fuel however it runs smoothly.
Would be a good idea to make your own thread. This one is 7 years old and doesn't really pertain to your question.

Also go to the top of the screen to USER CP and edit your Signature and include all info about your truck including mods if any.

And Welcome.

EDIT: looks like you made your own thread, but still fill out your signature.

Reactions: grabowski
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.