Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 c3500 I put a new injection pump on it.

This has a Leroy diesel carter pump and wiring harness on it. With all the features.

After getting a new injection pump installed I noticed when cranking that the light was not coming on for the glow plugs or to wait. I checked the glow plug controller and when I turn the key on nothing happened on the side of the glow plug controller that goes out to the glow plugs.
So I had an extra glow plug controller around here the same era it was a 96 instead of a 95 and I plugged it up and the truck started immediately and then stalled but then when I tried to start it the second time it didn't work when I check the glow plug controller it was no longer functioning again.

What on Earth could be causing this?

·
Administrator
15,989 Posts
Try unplugging the fuel heater located on the bottom of the fuel filter manager and see if the problem continues

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This is not my truck. Someone has changed that to this system I have a 1997 that is Pure Stock the grey connector in this picture I don't have and I have no idea where this could have been plugged into it wasn't plugged into anything could that be the heater you're referring to?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So as I was looking for this heater thing that you talked about I came acrossed four wires that were had an eyelet sailor honorable but the bolt was loose so I took it off I examine the wires I redid the eyelet tightened it onto the engine turn the key and the truck is running.

Thank you so much for making me look closer

·
Administrator
15,989 Posts
So as I was looking for this heater thing that you talked about I came acrossed four wires that were had an eyelet sailor honorable but the bolt was loose so I took it off I examine the wires I redid the eyelet tightened it onto the engine turn the key and the truck is running.

Thank you so much for making me look closer
Glad you resolved the issue.
Thanks for giving us an update!

(y)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So this isn't resolved yet I took it for a drive I came back I parked and went inside I came back out I went to start it and now for some reason but soon as the glow plug light goes off the pop goes off and this is still using the Leroy diesel wiring harness and Leroy diesel pump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts