Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, quick question. How many of us on here have the unicorn 2-door Tahoe? And what year? Taking a quick poll here to justify a conversation with a guy telling me he sees several diesel 2-doors when he drives to work every day in PA

· Registered
5,157 Posts
6.5 powered Tahoes are fairly rare 2 or 4 door.
Ask him how he tells the difference between a 6.5 diesel and a gas powered Tahoe.

Reactions: Diesel2door96

· Registered
281 Posts
Bumper and tail pipe?? I see them. Not often but then again GMT 400 are not that comon

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6.5 powered Tahoes are fairly rare 2 or 4 door.
Ask him how he tells the difference between a 6.5 diesel and a gas powered Tahoe.
The only way I would be able to tell, besides black smoke when in the throttle would be by the tail pipe and the sound. These 6.5s have the sound of a dying dog according to my daughter, and of course the turbo whistle when she’s spoiling up. Otherwise I don’t thing there is any other way unless it’s badged. But he swears up and down he sees them all the time. I asked him to take pictures

· Registered
5,157 Posts
Purely by sight driving down the road. The bumpers are the main way to tell the difference. All GM 6.5, except the later 2000- 2001+, have the 2 large holes in the front bumper. They are needed for proper cooling.
Gas powered trucks, Tahoe, Vans, Subs, ect do not have those holes.
Hard to ID strictly by exhaust. Exhaust could be aftermarket. Or a bad running gasser will carbon up the end of the pipe like a diesel.
I have seen very few 6.5 2 door Tahoes. Not a vehicle I see every day, or every year for that matter.
Judging by the lack of responses to this post. Not many members here here have them. I have seen a few posts about 6.5 Tahoes over the years but not very many.
What is even more rare is a 6.5 diesel Tahoe with the Barn Doors in the back. I have never seen one. But they do exist.

Reactions: OkDually

· Registered
411 Posts
And they only made a 2 door 6.5, no 4door.

· Registered
4,431 Posts
I have 2- 95 2 door tahoes with 6.5s
Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light

· Registered
269 Posts
another one .... green

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts