Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello . My truck has been making a strange sound only on the first start up of the day . I wait for the light to go out turn the key and when the engine start it will make a loud chatter sound for about 3 seconds than alls normal no smoke what so ever and the engine runs great with no abnormal knocking sounds and start ups through out the day perfectly . Any ideas , balancers seem fine ??? thx

·
Administrator
18,984 Posts
Hello . My truck has been making a strange sound only on the first start up of the day . I wait for the light to go out turn the key and when the engine start it will make a loud chatter sound for about 3 seconds than alls normal no smoke what so ever and the engine runs great with no abnormal knocking sounds and start ups through out the day perfectly . Any ideas , balancers seem fine ??? thx
Cold start clatter is normal.
If you are not using a fuel additive in your fuel tank I highly recommend that you start by adding some in each tank you purchase.
You can use TC W3 two-stroke oil ( 1 ounce of oil per every 2 gals. fuel in the tank)
This will help reduce some of that clatter

Reactions: 56pan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info , Yes I have been using the tc3 and grey bottle diesel additive .Good to know that it is normal .

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
435 Posts
thanks for the info , Yes I have been using the tc3 and grey bottle diesel additive .Good to know that it is normal .
If your not sure put up a video of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts