Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know if there is a difference in the I.D. of a 6.2 injector line verses a 6.5 line (4911 pump)? If I were to use the 6.2 lines, will it affect injection timing? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yes, there is a difference between the mechanical and electronic IP lines. Even the size on the pump is different, so they are not interchangeable. The nipples on the the IP are smaller on the mechanical IP than they are on the electionic IP.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Does anyone here know if there is a difference in the I.D. of a 6.2 injector line verses a 6.5 line (4911 pump)? If I were to use the 6.2 lines, will it affect injection timing? Thanks in advance.
Yes, there is a difference between the mechanical and electronic IP lines. Even the size on the pump is different, so they are not interchangeable. The nipples on the the IP are smaller on the mechanical IP than they are on the electionic IP.
The 4911 IP is still the mechanical IP. Not sure on the lines but all referenced are still in the mechanical rhelm.
May want to check with a local diesel injection service or check their sites since they supply the lines needed.
Hope this helps.

Mark

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the electronic IP lines are different (as far as the fittings at the pump are concerned), I have TWO sets of those via Fleabay. I just wondered if the mechanical 6.5 (4911) might have larger ID because of the increased flow over the 6.2 pumps.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
ive seen a post by diesel pro that says the ID of the turbo lines are bigger...

im pretty sure i have 6.2 lines on mine as i pulled out 6.2 long injectors when i swapped. I have no idea why someone would run 6.2 injectors with a turbo but thats how it was when i bought it. Im currenlty running 6.5 injectors at 145 bar and the same lines (still think they are 6.2 lines) as everything else on this goodwrench 6.5 was 6.2 parts......injectors, lines, v belt setup, OPS.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jodean

Did your pump time within the "normal" amount from the static mark? My fresh rebuild (and I'm sure I'm not a tooth off) needs to be about 1/4" from static to even run and rev decent. I do run an after market camshaft. Cold starts are easy but pretty rough running. Lift pump pressure is a steady 3psi (electric) whether at idle or high revving in park.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
that i cant tell you, a shop just got done installing the new ip and then i bought the truck.

my fuel pressure is more like 7 psi on diesel and 10-12 psi on wvo (im using the high output 93 pump for WVO)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.