Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Chevy c3500hd
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fuel leak that appears to be coming from the rear of the engine. Seems to be dripping near the bell housing and starter. Any advice where to start?

·
Registered
2001 Chevy c3500hd
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just have to remove the intake manifold to get to the FFM and hoses correct?

·
Registered
2001 Chevy c3500hd
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pulled the intake manifold and there doesn't seem to be a very obvious leak. The only place that looked a little bit suspicious was the bottom of the FFM. I ordered the seal from a GM Dealer and plan to replace most of the hoses and clamps since I am already in there. Do you just have one bolt holding the FFM up? Also is that sufficient enough or are there kits to help relocate it?

·
Registered
2001 Chevy c3500hd
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I pulled the FFM out, cleaned it, and replaced the heater seal on the bottom. Filled it back up with diesel, fired it up, ran for about 30 seconds then died. I attempted to bleed the air out through the filter but now it won't start at all. Do you think there could be debris clogged in the lines or just the air in the lines? If I have to bleed the air out through the injectors, do I have to crack all 8 lines?

·
Registered
2001 Chevy c3500hd
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2001 Chevy c3500hd
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Apply the jumper wire to the lift pump connector. Open the T valve and let fuel flow into a container.
You should see 1/2 pint of fuel within 15 seconds in the container.
If you do not, replace the lift pump
The line from the lift pump to the ffm had a kink in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts