Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
22,025 Posts
I have a fuel leak that appears to be coming from the rear of the engine. Seems to be dripping near the bell housing and starter. Any advice where to start?
The usual suspect is your FFM (Fuel Filter Manager).
There are 3 rubber hoses connected and a couple of O rings on the FFM that will leak

·
Administrator
22,025 Posts
I pulled the FFM out, cleaned it, and replaced the heater seal on the bottom. Filled it back up with diesel, fired it up, ran for about 30 seconds then died. I attempted to bleed the air out through the filter but now it won't start at all. Do you think there could be debris clogged in the lines or just the air in the lines? If I have to bleed the air out through the injectors, do I have to crack all 8 lines?
Just open the bleed screw on top of the filter housing and let it bleed air till you see fuel come out from the bleed screw.
You can also apply a jumper wire to the lift pump to help force prime everything. Shown here- Question: - Help...Fuel pressure drops after several...

·
Administrator
22,025 Posts
Thanks, I can hear the lift pump but I can't get any fuel to come out.
Apply the jumper wire to the lift pump connector. Open the T valve and let fuel flow into a container.
You should see 1/2 pint of fuel within 15 seconds in the container.
If you do not, replace the lift pump

·
Administrator
22,025 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts