Diesel Place banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Got a pic? If they are genuine anything they will have the manufacturer's name on the body of the injector. All the off-brand stuff shows no name. Not familiar with the AC Delco place of manufacture. Be nice if someone would post a picture of one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got a pic? If they are genuine anything they will have the manufacturer's name on the body of the injector. All the off-brand stuff shows no name. Not familiar with the AC Delco place of manufacture. Be nice if someone would post a picture of one.
No pics, they are on the engine. I will take a look at driver side injectors and see if they have a name on the body.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well.....it clearly says BOSCH on the body.....so I guess Acdelco injectors are basically re-boxed Bosch injectors.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,734 Posts
Well.....it clearly says BOSCH on the body.....so I guess Acdelco injectors are basically re-boxed Bosch injectors.
Do you think ACDelco made Injectors?
Actually, if it an original Bosch, then you are lucky.
The way I understand it is that ACDelco have different tiers of part sources.
Low end and high end.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The injectors you bought are made in China, New Delphi or new Bosch would have been the ones to get.

Yeah unfortunately I bought them a while ago and had them sitting in the box. I might take them out and pop test them. wasnt thrilled about using them but...

I know Bosch or Delphi would be the best move.

Think they would make a huge impact on MPG?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got a 6.5 with 340k miles driven.

Did a 720 mile trip with 28 mpgh.

Previous owner had just changed the LP, and mentioned something about ECM tuneup, i've forced the wastegate open/shut what ever means more power (lol)

I've noticed when i cruise around 55mph its the most efficient speed to travel. For my vehicle its the very point where i can feel the turbine to lock.
(In Finland vehicles that weight over 3500kg are not allowed to drive faster than 50mph)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Just sayin about long idle times.... Unlike OTR trucks. These engines are not designed for sitting long periods at idle.
Line haul / otr engines are no different. All diesels are susceptible to bore washout and glazing.

The only reason they idle (in practical use) is due to weather conditions. Noone likes to sleep sweating in the summer and you cant sleep freezing in the winter (well I sure cant). Another reason to idle a semi truck in extreme conditions is to prevent the air lines for the brake system from freezing. Has left many a trucker stranded. If the air lines freeze it typically requires a torch to thaw them.

:thumb: just wanted to clarify that a line haul engine is absolutely no different.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I got a 6.5 with 340k miles driven.

Did a 720 mile trip with 28 mpgh.

Previous owner had just changed the LP, and mentioned something about ECM tuneup, i've forced the wastegate open/shut what ever means more power (lol)

I've noticed when i cruise around 55mph its the most efficient speed to travel. For my vehicle its the very point where i can feel the turbine to lock.
(In Finland vehicles that weight over 3500kg are not allowed to drive faster than 50mph)
"Did a 720 mile trip with 28 mpgh." This would be Imperial gallons, right?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Do you think ACDelco made Injectors?
Actually, if it an original Bosch, then you are lucky.
The way I understand it is that ACDelco have different tiers of part sources.
Low end and high end.
I picked up a Standard Motor Products injector because i'm in a pinch. The body of the SMP injector is stamped with the same number as the ACDelco. neither of them say Bosch as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
It's to the point now that you don't know what's in the box till you open it. It's all about money and greed. Manufacturers have no problem sticking inferior parts in their boxes. Even if 10 % of them come back 90% were sold for 400% profit. You do the math.

·
Registered
623 Posts
~8 liters per 100 kilometers, thats around 28 miles per gallon isn't it?
It's 29.4 mpg. That is very good mileage for a 6.5.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's 29.4 mpg. That is very good mileage for a 6.5.
My dad has a 6.5 suburban too, but mine feels like completely different car compared to his. Hes average is around 10-12 liters per 100km. Our cold weather might help with the fuel consumption, and the fact that we pre-heat the engine almost every time with blockheaters when it gets cold around here.

·
Registered
623 Posts
My '93 6.5 always gets better mileage in the winter and cold, dry weather. I'd love to see anything near 29 mpg myself. Hang onto it.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
From 2014 til 2017 I ran my 94 in my signature an avg 450 miles a week to from work, retired from that job in July 2017 thank God!

The 94 (ole green) in my signature is 2wd reg cab 1500 6.5TD 4L80e trans with 3.08 open rear end. Worthless for traction even in the best dry weather conditions but very spirited on the road & pretty decent economy mpg.

Anyhow I would consistently avg 20 mpg running 2/3 highway the rest city driving. Every 400 miles it would avg about 20 gal and that was over many many tanks...and I ran it hard! If someone cut me off they earned their place spot in front of me. Every day I was on a driving mission competition here competing with the Mario Andretti's on Rt 80. Couldn't really drive any other way then offensively, else you'd be pushed off the road...:sorrysign

I'm pretty sure ole green would of done better on mpg if I'd let up & run it slower both city & on the expressway but when you are avg 2.5 hrs a day in ur vehicle who values cares about saving a few quarts of fuel :) :2cents:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts