Diesel Place banner
561 - 576 of 576 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Vehicle

I've been breathing life back into this suburban for two years now. Main upgrade has been a low mileage Optimizer but it's not been a smooth pathway. There's very little knowledge about these vehicles in Australia particularly with the ds4 pump. With the help of this forum I'm finding my way.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
You may want to "REthink" that bumper and lights. These trucks need every bit of air flow through the cooling stack.

Reactions: scasanova

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally my Tahoe is back on the road. :) After some months of work almost all malfunctions are gone. The most important modification is a new standalone transmission controller (US Shift Quick 4 gen2). Controller itself is hidden behind the glove box, and I can manage it through an USB cable that is put to the glove box. Everything looks and operates like a stock GM configuration. I have also a set of Prime alloy wheels, they look really fantastic on this car. I sent them to the detailing garage, so in the pictures the truck is standing on stock GM rims. Some photos:

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Plant
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive side marker light
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Car seat cover
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window
Circuit component Gas Cable Automotive lighting Electrical wiring
Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Audio equipment Output device

Reactions: OkDually

·
Administrator
22,316 Posts
Nice work. Thanks for the update!
(y)

Reactions: MC775

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Very nice rig!

Reactions: MC775

·
Registered
98 Posts
Got some new "glasses" for my truck. Very long story behind these, if you are curious check out this thread at GMT400.com. They are OEM headlights for these trucks in the South American market, from the original manufacturer in Brazil. Unlike OEM US composites, they still make these today, and they are arguably higher quality than the original US composite headlights. They are Euro-spec pattern though, and have a little "city light" bulb socket included that you can see in the photos. My plan is to try and wire the city light bulbs as DRLs, separately from the low and high beam. I'm also re-wiring the headlights in general with relays, "4-high", and marine grade components. The parking light lenses are just cheap Anzo units that will probably fade and look like garbage in a couple years.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle

my 94 6.5 Burb

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Fine looking beasty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just a quick photo of my 96 k1500 6.5
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
1994 GMC 3500 DRW Service truck. 6.5 diesel.
1 Posts
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

561 - 576 of 576 Posts