Diesel Place banner

501 - 516 of 516 Posts

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts
Hi everyone,

Been away for a few years since I sold my truck. Wanted another ever since then. Have had several cars in between and they all lack something in regards to the Suburban.

Now I let my kids influence my decision and since I found this new truck I thought "why not, we live once so might as well live a little".

So; I was lucky enough to get a hold of a real treasure. 1996 Suburban with 60th miles on the clock (97th kilometres).
Couldn't and didn't want to resist...
We took off Saturday morning to pick up the truck some 200 miles away.
Once there I stowed the Opel onto the trailer and off we went with the Sub.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZY2bcTbuPjhTkT7w6

Can't recall how to get the pictures into the message, so you'll have to follow the link above.

Amazing truck with that sexy new feeling to it. It's virtually flawless on the outside and inside.
The owner since new (passed away and the truck was auctioned) had had all services done at the official dealer every 3000 miles. 19 services in all.

The a/c had to be services but after a topup of refrigerant the system work perfectly.

Damn I'm happy to be back!!

Need to changed my signature :bigglasse
Welcome back!

Here are some tips to help you upload pictures from your computer to the forum:
https://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124914

·
Registered
368 Posts
New try with pictures

Here we go... Need to take a few pics from the inside too. She's a beauty!
There's a drop down tv even installed for the kids or the bored dad ;)

Nice to see a familiar name! Thanks for the tip!

The truck is 100% stock at the moment. Oil cooler lines looked great as much of everything down below. 3 times rust protected under the years.

There really only one spot that need a bit of new metal. The place where they've marked the vin number on the frame. That spot hasn't reveiced any protection and hence is rusted through (in front of right front wheel so easy to get to!).

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
It was almost her final resting place, but I manned up and worked through the January/ February Cape Cod weather (it almost hit 60 a few times) and got her running again. Almost on the road!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Running and driving again. I so missed the ride of a heavy diesel truck. My last one was an 82 Jimmy 6.2 that I put a Banks Sidewinder system on. Sold it after replacing the transmission twice ...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Filleting fish is better on the 6.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
IMG_3589.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't know if I have shared before, but here are some before and after pictures of my truck and the truck I fixed for my father-in-law.

The blue is a 1993 K2500 with the NV4500 and 4WD. Full mechanical everything, and I absolutely LOVE IT! 144K miles. Bought wrecked and rebuilt using parts from a 1994 K1500. Severalupgrades and more planned.

The white is a 1998 K2500 with an automatic transmission and 4WD. Bought wrecked and rebuilt for my father-in-law. 168K miles. Bone stock as far as I know. It is a great truck and my father-in-law loves it!

20190530_211154.jpg
20190831_183723.jpg
20190916_190140.jpg
20191106_165305.jpg

·
Registered
1998 CCLB K3500
30 Posts

Picked up a couple of projects on the weekend gonna have some fun restoring these beauty's

·
Registered
66 Posts
Picked up a project of my own today. The only time I knew it was back there was when I was going uphill.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Went to pick up a boat for my boss today. Thought it was a 17 ft bowrider like a sea ray from what he told me.... it was not.
Instead I found a 23 ft twin inboard behemoth on a dual axle trailer (no trailer brakes, of course). Got her loaded up and got her home safe, but damn. The boat weighs in at about 6000 lbs and the trailer weighs close to a grand. Plus it was 90 degrees today. I never got to 200 on the coolant temp gauge. Still haven't installed my boost and transmission temp gauges yet, but I guarantee they were both up there. Definitely could have used an anti sway setup back there. She got a little squirrelly a couple times.
On to the next adventure.

501 - 516 of 516 Posts