Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got heads out and they looked like this pics posted I read someone say that 6.5s can be ok with cracked Heads idk where to get used ones any help I have like 300 bucks to spend or can I fix or any help stuck in Southern Nevada in middle of desert.

Attachments

·
Administrator
22,058 Posts
Got heads out and they looked like this pics posted I read someone say that 6.5s can be ok with cracked Heads idk where to get used ones any help I have like 300 bucks to spend or can I fix or any help stuck in Southern Nevada in middle of desert.
The heads need to be taken to a professional machine shop that can determine if the heads are actually ok.

6.5L head cracks are common by design but to know if they're good you'll need to send them over to get them tested

Reactions: jrsavoie and 56pan

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,098 Posts
You might get away with just new gaskets and head bolts if you see a problem with the old gaskets upon disassembly but having them checked for warpage and cracks is a good idea as okdually said above.I’d wire wheel the surfaces well and check for warpage with a straight edge and feeler gauge.Maybe the gaskets are tired and just gave way.It happens.If not warped you might just get away with new gaskets,etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.... its 911 situation other wise I would send them out I got new head bolts and FEL gaskets and FEL gaskets kit as per [ 6.5 parts list] thred on here.. also got new timing chain set. So will find out soon if everything is going to work... I will let you know THX again

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,098 Posts
Thanks guys.... its 911 situation other wise I would send them out I got new head bolts and FEL gaskets and FEL gaskets kit as per [ 6.5 parts list] thred on here.. also got new timing chain set. So will find out soon if everything is going to work... I will let you know THX again
No problem.Keep us updated 👍

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 1 bad Valve but a RV grave yard down the way from me.. there are no 6.5l there... is there any motor that . Will have any Valves that will fit? Thx 1

Attachments

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Any so called "fix" for any head crack is nothing more than a band aid ....
I have stitched heads in my 94. They held up for 12 years or better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts