Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3089939990100443155 - Duramax

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3039741360100443155 - Cummins - has 5 second head start.

Copied from another forum, but that F450 looks awesome. :) Would be even more interesting when the 6.7L Cummins is out. Test was done with what is out now, so seems fair to me. :p: Does the Duramax have anything I missed that will help in the 07 LMM models? I know it's getting like +5HP and +15TQ or so, but don't think it'd be that much of an improvement.

I think the F450 is rated at 325hp/600tq, but not sure about that. :confuzeld.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Gee, if I had a 4.30 or 4.88 rear end (the only two choices for F450).

·
Registered
183 Posts
aketay;1579105; said:
Gee, if I had a 4.30 or 4.88 rear end (the only two choices for F450).
Agreed!

I may not make it the top of the hill the fastest! But at least I know I'm gonna make! Ford cant say that! :HiHi:

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
The 6.7 CTD is out. I just drove one :D .They are nice and I'll probably be seriously considering one once the 4500 is out in June. I'll be driving a 6.4 PSD in the near future too,as large fleet dealer offered to let me try one out with a trailer :D . I told him it's have 20K on it and he said OK. Will do it as soon as the snow clears out of Denver.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
01Duramax6spd;1579328; said:
The 6.7 CTD is out. I just drove one :D .They are nice and I'll probably be seriously considering one once the 4500 is out in June. I'll be driving a 6.4 PSD in the near future too,as large fleet dealer offered to let me try one out with a trailer :D . I told him it's have 20K on it and he said OK. Will do it as soon as the snow clears out of Denver.

Yea, but the 6.7L Cummins out now are only chasis cabs with 305HP/610TQ. The 2008 models will be 350HP/350TQ. I don't know if the chasis cab's will continue to be 305HP/650TQ, or they'll get the power the 2500 and 3500's will get. Just read earlier that Dodge will be making 4500's and 5500's for 2008!

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Smashed Ixnay;1579398; said:
Yea, but the 6.7L Cummins out now are only chasis cabs with 305HP/610TQ. The 2008 models will be 350HP/350TQ. I don't know if the chasis cab's will continue to be 305HP/650TQ, or they'll get the power the 2500 and 3500's will get. Just read earlier that Dodge will be making 4500's and 5500's for 2008!
The 4500's will hit the lots in June the dealer told me but not sure on the 5500's. 305/610 runs pretty darn good IMO for a stock truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like they ran that cummins with an automatic in overdrive to the converter never had a chance to lock up.
It's Dodge's fault for not allowing lockup until top gear but that's alot of hp not getting to the wheels. They should have locked out overdrive, the 450 would still win but with a more respectable margin.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I think the new 6.7 is going to be a real monster. Plus you'll finally be able to get a cummins with a 6 speed auto. I think I'd still go for the handshaker myself though. Betcha that 6.4 won't look like such a beast when it's compared to the LMM and 6.7.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
What in the world would that ford be tacking w/ those rear end gears at actual everyday freeway speeds? 75/80 mph would get you like redline and 2 mpg.
I mean good for it being the winner, i'll give credit where credit is due but, Most buy the diesel to tow large loads for various mileages and that includes interstates....Correct?

Did anyone catch the coversation between the guys watching the Dodge on the hill? "Ours can only go up to 81 mph..." he states... Well us D/A guys'll be able to stop *****ing about our speed limiter now :)
Check it out while watching the Dodge video, turn up your sound.
Another thing i noticed is, as bad as it sounds (and yes of course I'm biased over my truck) that D/A was doing good but it looked like it was almost on cruise control and that ford just TOOK OFF while the chevy looked to me staying at the same speed... I know its a hill and all, it just didnt look right...

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Film was too grainy, was the Chevy an LLY or LBZ?

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
McRat;1591052; said:
Film was too grainy, was the Chevy an LLY or LBZ?

Its an LLY. If you look close at the badge its not the LBZ "dmax/ally" badge.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Well hell, those LLY's are still a monster motor from what I've read. They're not the latest but, no slouch either, right?
I watched it again, am i imagining it or did something light a fire under that ford's *** all of a sudden just not seem right?

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
DURAtotheMAX;1591138; said:
Its an LLY. If you look close at the badge its not the LBZ "dmax/ally" badge.:rolleyes:
That's what I was thinking.

I guess at least they didn't use a 6.5 for the test.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the 6.7L will make power at 1500 rpm opposed to the 6.4Ls 1800 rpm I believe.

·
Registered
183 Posts
the links dont work

·
Registered
183 Posts
haha nice vid

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jasondt2001;1591159; said:
Well hell, those LLY's are still a monster motor from what I've read. They're not the latest but, no slouch either, right?
I watched it again, am i imagining it or did something light a fire under that ford's *** all of a sudden just not seem right?
I agree, my wife's brother has an 06 LLY and that thing hauls azz...beats my truck pretty easily.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Being the gear difference the dmax did well. If they were similarly geared I bet the Ford would be embarrassed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts