Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the physical difference is between the 6.2 N/A and the 6.5 N/A? Can a 6.2 be converted to a 6.5?

·
Registered
136 Posts
i didnt know the 6.5 was N/A

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
No physical difference in that they will interchange on the same mounts and bolt up to the same bell housing. Lots of subtle differences. Nozzle angle, prechamber dimensions, crank pulleys, front cover (hole for position sensor), oil pan and block (rear seal type), oil spray holes, bore size, valve size, intake bolt hole angle, and on and on. At the plant, nothing stays the same for long!

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
Just got done swapping a 2000 6.5 in place of an 86 6.2. The engine is na for now and is using 6.2 injectors and pump and it runs like a striped ape):h

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can a 6.2 be converted to a 6.5?
are you asking if you can put a 6.5 engine in a 6.2 truck...

....or...

are you asking if you can bore out a 6.2 to 6.5?

·
Registered
9 Posts
well I might like to drop a 6.5 if my 6.2 goes south. Till then I plan on a turbo system. The 6.5 is easy to get in a crate. it would be great to know what parts ARE interchangable.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Fred482, I noticed you have mentioned the difference in intake bolt hole angle. I have a 6.5 turbo intake somewhere in my garage that I am keeping for a future project. Would this fit my '82 corse thread head?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts