Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing of quite a few different ways to add power to my 6.2, i was just wondering, of all the things you can do, how does the power compare with a 6.5 turbo? why would I choose either way?

which one is most desirable?Edited by: savvy-R

·
Registered
124 Posts
Depends on the body style your going if you plan of using a factory 6.5 turbo. I don't think they fit in '92 and older trucks that have air conditioning.

I think the 6.5 is capable of more power simply because of the design. One big advantage right off the bat is they run cooler. You can buy lower compression pistons that will allow you to make extensive mods.

The 6.2 is a good engine in it's own right, but very limited on available power. With an add on turbo, I am not sure how much more you can do, propane maybe, I suppose an intercooler, but not sure the higher compression of the 6.2, or 6.5 could handle the boost pressure.

I have not spent a lot of time looking for ways to boost the 6.2 or 6.5, but I don't think there are very many.

·
Registered
376 Posts
They are the same engine, the difference is .080" of bore. The only differences that affect performance are the pre chambers in the cylinder heads. the later turbo stuff has larger openings for more power, and less economy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts