Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Well I have had my Military Blazer, m1009 with the 6.2 in it for about 5 months now. I have had a lot of fun 4X4'n it, the extra wieght up front helps a lot. Anyways, the past few days I have heard a tapping noise on the left side of the truck. It makes the noise when I get on the accelerator, and its kind of a tapping noise is the best I can describe it. I think it can be 2 things, an exaust leak, or a lifter is messed up. Do the 6.2 lifters have problems? I am leaning towards an exaust leak, but I am not totally sure. Any easy ways to confirm either way?

Thanks a lot!

-Caleb, 84 M1009

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've owned a few M1008s and had similar problems on one. Mine sounded like a major knock/clank coming from the driver side. Turned out to be an injector problem. I slightly loosened each fuel fitting at the injectors one by one to releive any possible air in the line (of course looking for a little fuel seep) and found one that continously seeped bubbles instead of fuel. The cylinder was pushing air back into the line through the injector. Replaced the injector and all was good.

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts