Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i could get header flanges for a 6.2?

Also,does anyone have aqy experience with Nitrous on a N/A 6.2?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm looking for exhaust port flanges to build my own headers for a twin turbo setup. Also,does anyone Know if the Stanadyne pump is capable of delivering enough fuel for 400+ horses, or do I need to be more concerned with the pistons melting down before I reach the limits of the fuel system? Please any REAL help (other than "thats a waste of time") would be very appreciated.

82 1/2 ton 6.2 700r4

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can't help you with those headers..

But the stanadyne pump is probably not capable of giving that much fuel to your 6.2. Peninsular diesel has a high output DB2 pump for 300+ HP. Then you'll need to do something about your injectors too.

Trouble starts when EGT's run over 1100 degrees. Pistons and head gaskets start to melt. If youre going for 400+HP you'll need a lot of boost and lots of fuel, EGT's will likely to run over 1100 degrees.

18:1 pistons, some ceramic coatings here and there, a big badass pump + matching injectors and some cooling mods are things you can't go without.

Daan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daan, I appreciate the help, but I'm having problems finding hard data on how to actually modify the pump & injectors or info like how to calculate fuel delivery. It seems that this information is under lock and key only for stanadyne dealers,I'm not a "fork over lots of cash kinda guy" If you or anyone else knows, or even know someone who can, please let me in! I'm not the least bit scared to experiment.

Again,thanks for the help so far, BTW, do you know how they accomplish 18:1 ? Do they raise the pin height or mill the crown or what ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, they raise the wrist pin holes to get the lower compression ratio.

I wouldn't know how to calculate fuel delivery exactly. I can imagine some formulas but nothing for sure. I think you should get in contact with those guys at www.peninsulardiesel.com. They are experts in upgrading 6.2's and 6.5's to twin-turbo HP monsters. They already did the maths on fuel delivery for their engines.

Good luck!

Daan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Daan I checked out Stan's website & Penninsular's your correct on both accounts, but both are really expensive. I realize that 6.2 high performance is deffinately a niche market, but 107$ a piston is crazy talk, I can't dispute that they've done their homework, but I cant see spending 10k+ for 400hp. for that kind of cash I could buy a used Z-28 and go lots faster!!! I would love to have a 12 second pickup, but not that bad. Again thanks,..... It seems like I'll just put spray on it & turn up the pump..

·
Registered
97 Posts
YOU MIGHT TRY THE GUYS AT DELTA CAM IN TACOMA WA. THEY DO ALOT OF 6.2 STUFF. PHON. NUM. 1-800-562-5500

1 - 8 of 8 Posts