Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I drive a 93 GMC 6.2 C code I think. Not sure what trany, how do I tell? I just installed a Banks Sidewinder Turbo System and am very impressed with the power. Passing is easy compared to the almost 0 acceleration it had before. I noticed during turbo install that previous owner had put a big frost plug in hole under EGR. Is this a good way of getting rid of EGR? Will it cause other problems or errors? Had some TPS errors before and after turbo install, Do TPS wear out or is it likely needing adjustment. Also occasionally trany stays in lower gear too long, could this be TPS as well.
Thankyou,
Gerald

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

In answer to your questions:

As far as the EGR goes, I don't know that that is the best way to block it off. So long as it seals effectively, I wouldn't mess with it. It shouldn't cause any problems.

Throttle position sensors do wear out, but I would try adjusting it before buying a new one. Also, be sure to check all of the wiring and connectors before you buy any new parts.

As far as the transmission goes, I doubt that it is related to the TPS. Identifying the transmission is not really something I am much good at, so someone else will have to help with that.

Good luck!

·
Registered
454 Posts
if your truck is a 3/4 or 1 ton, it will probably have a 4l80 in it. a tps can affect how a 4l80 shifts, if its a 1/2 ton, it would have a 4l60 in it, wich also needs the tps to know how to shift right i've been told. they are electronic transmissions.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou for the info, now I will figure out how to check TPS adjustment. It is a 1/2 ton.:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts