Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you guys might be interested in seeing my almost completed project. Heres some of the specs:

86 cucv 6.2 NA
TH400
GM 208 with dodge output and rear fixed yoke
dana 60 front w/ 4:56 and Lockrite
14bolt FF shaved with homemade rear discs, 4:56's and detroit
38.5-11.00-16 Super swamper boggers
ORD crossover steering
ORD shackle flip
Dual 100amp alternators, 1 for winch and 1 for evrything else.
2/0 battery cables
homemade glow plug wiring harness and relay system using dodge cummins parts
dual electric fans
onboard air
etc.

Almost done with it, just have little things to do. I am also planning on running dual stacks. The last rockcrawler I ran was running on a propane 454, so this should be different than most other rigs. Sorry for the crappy pics.

Also, I might add, I had to do a three inch body lift to bolt the 6.2 in the factory motor mounts. Other than that, the 6.2 looks factory..hydra boost and all.

Attachments

·
Eagle Eyes
1,343 Posts
Very cool! Ive been waiting for these pictures to come around.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Very nice! You ever hang out with any of the guys from CK5.com? Lots of 'Zonies on there. Nice guys.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks sweet. Are you keeping the electric fans with the 6.2?

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
That's cool.Looks a lot like my 67' Chevy Rock crawler.Similar tube bed,cage,rock sliders,nearly identical bumper in the rear,1ton axles,ect.Nice truck.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I am getting excited because its getting real close to being done...well it will never be "done" but you know what I mean.

The electric fans seem to be more than adequet..at least while it idles. It will have to be a see how it works type deal.

All thats left is: BM shifter, cooling lines, front brake lines, cut down a rear driveshaft, gauges, and exhaust.

I will get some more detailed photos when its done and post them soon....... :ro)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice! You ever hang out with any of the guys from CK5.com? Lots of 'Zonies on there. Nice guys.
Ya, I'm easy to find on there...BornreadyK5. ):h Sounds like you have a capable rig. You ever go to Moab?

·
Registered
124 Posts
You mention that a 3" body lift was necessary to get the engine on the stock mounts. Is this because of the firewall? Was it a choice of moving the engine forward or the body up?

Thanks for the info!

Clem

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya it was question of body lift or moving the engine forward to clear the fire wall.

I hate body lifts, in fact body lifts are very bad in a rock crawler, but, because of the crossover steering and stuff, plus the fact it already had a 2in body lift when I bought it...I decided to go with the lift route. However, the extra 1 in lift worked out great with the way I set up my exo cage. The exo cage was tied into the body mounts and added strength in that area...so I think it will work out pretty good.

However, it would not have been very difficult to move the motor mounts forward a couple inches. So if your doing this swap in a similar truck, this is what I would do vs. the body lift.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
628 Posts
Ya, I'm easy to find on there...BornreadyK5. ):h Sounds like you have a capable rig. You ever go to Moab?
Oh yeah, favorite place to wheel. I have been to EJS at least 5 of the last 8 years, and went BlazerBash last year. I am gonna miss it living back on the east coast, but I will make it back out soon, and tentatively planning on BB this year. We'll see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts