Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im buying a 6.2 for my k-5 unless i can find a cheap 6.5 turbo for it my question is for the 6.2 will any other headers work for it than the expensive stan ones like for say a 400 chevy or any gas application, also does anyone have a 6.5 for sale or turbo parts for a 6.2

·
Eagle Eyes
1,334 Posts
Stan has specfic headers made for the 6.2L, I believe thats what I am using.

there is a military set og headers Ive seen in photos. real simple design, alot different then aftermarket ones though.

with mine it makes clearance between the headers and frame real tight. also harder to change glowplugs.

never heard of any others. could make your own.

I could be wrong but I think im the only one here that has headers on it. I'll get some pictures if anyones interested.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Pictues Please

I think im the only one here that has headers on it. I'll get some pictures if anyones interested.
I am VERY interested with "personalize" mod's

·
Eagle Eyes
1,334 Posts
cool, I'll get the pictures to you when I can, might be a snowstorm tomorrow. I also cant take credit for doing the mod, i got the truck with them already in. I poped the hood and just kinda stared at them for a while. Didnt know such a thing existed until then.

·
Eagle Eyes
1,334 Posts
pictures of the headers are in my garage now, go have a look. wouldve put them here but the pictures would be smaller then there.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
The exhaust port configuration for the diesel is unique. No gas engine shares the layout. Gas engine headers won't fit. Been there, measured that! Kinda like a big-block, only different!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts