Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1982 Chevrolet Silverado K10 Diesel
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this video today
a '73 Camper Special with a 454/TH400 & Gear Vendor OD. Thought it was pretty cool & Quite unusual. I know that the 6.2L Came with them I think a dealership option? Anyone know figures on that...

Anywho. Someone on my FB 6.2L group had a truck with a GV OD. Was supposed very low #s. 10 or so. So I'm curious, anyone here got one or any sort of more technical information or pictures? In the future, it may be something I'd like to do if I get another truck. (4wd ofc). This was posted on their website. Surprisingly. Wouldn't let me post the photo GM HP & Torque - Gearvendors

·
Administrator
18,471 Posts
I came across this video today
a '73 Camper Special with a 454/TH400 & Gear Vendor OD. Thought it was pretty cool & Quite unusual. I know that the 6.2L Came with them I think a dealership option? Anyone know figures on that...

Anywho. Someone on my FB 6.2L group had a truck with a GV OD. Was supposed very low #s. 10 or so. So I'm curious, anyone here got one or any sort of more technical information or pictures? In the future, it may be something I'd like to do if I get another truck. (4wd ofc). This was posted on their website. Surprisingly. Wouldn't let me post the photo GM HP & Torque - Gearvendors
If you use the "Community Search" located at the top of your screen you can find many threads on the GV o/d
(y)

Reactions: 82Kbody

·
Eagle Eyes
1,342 Posts
From what I have read a THM400 with GV OD is a solid setup.

I have never heard it as a factory or dealership option.

If you do it please post it on here. Would like to see how you mount a 400, GV OD, and transfer case.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I have read a THM400 with GV OD is a solid setup.

I have never heard it as a factory or dealership option.

If you do it please post it on here. Would like to see how you mount a 400, GV OD, and transfer case.
From what all I've seen it was only used on 2WDs. Never seen any on 4wd.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Years ago my Dad had a 56 Willy's wagon with 4wd and an after market OD don't remember make but know that if you engaged it in 4wd it damaged the OD unit. Not sure why anyone would use it in 4wd anyway but just thought I would throw it out there to nice to have info

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some older members in my Facebook Diesel group mentioned years ago in the 90s they had 6.2 trucks that where 4wd & OD. But i think they were Manuals. Which would make more sense/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts