Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My 87 came with factory cruise control. PO said it used to work but now doesn't. I don't use cruise even in new cars, so I figure I'll just remove the whole assembly. I figure I can easily enough remove the module and all the wiring and lines, but i want to make sure there's nothing I need to plug, reconnect, or change around so I don't leave any holes or mess anything up or make it run worse. Is there anything I need to be aware of? Anything to watch out for? I appreciate any tips and advice anyone might have.
Also is this something that someone else might want, or should I just trash it?
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
The cruise control on your rig is essentially a standalone unit (in fact, people will scavenge them to use on other vehicles because they don't require any interaction with other systems).You won't affect any other systems by removing the cruise control computer (under the dash) or the solenoid (mounted by the IP).

If you're getting rid of yours, send me a PM, as I would be interested in adding it to my '92.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It looks like really there's just one main vacuum line to plug, other than that just disconnecting the linkages and everything. I will drop you a line once I get around to pulling it, there are enough things ahead of that on the "to do" list it may be a while... :) thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts