Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning guys, have a 1984 k10 6.2 with banks system on it. The motor is from a cucv in great condition. put the motor in bled the system ran great for about 2 weeks. Then the other morning I started it and it was warming up when it died. Now it will not restart for the life of me. 2 brand new batteries along with starter, Glow plugs are working, have 12v to pink wire, only thing I noticed is that i have a small fuel leak coming from what appears to be the lift pump, and have some minor bubbles on the IP return (clear Tubing). Would a small leak really allow the motor to not start? Getting frustrated with it but any help would be awesome thank you guys.

· Administrator
22,221 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

Any air leaks in a Diesel fuel system will cause issues..
The Diesel Fuel system is not tolerant of any leaks

Reactions: jrsavoie

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace

Any air leaks in a Diesel fuel system will cause issues..
The Diesel Fuel system is not tolerant of any leaks
Okay well hopefully Fixing the fuel leak then will fix it, just awful where it is hard to get in there with the turbo there.

· Registered
4,732 Posts
Just my personal preference. If it was mine, I would swap to an electric lift pump.

· Registered
4,732 Posts
And add the lift pump relay upgrade.

Reactions: OkDually

· Registered
1,399 Posts
And just throwing this out there, cause I never hear it mentioned. Now that the winter is here, water in the fuel will freeze up lines in the damndest places, and cause stalling and hard starting. Had the problem with my 83 dually 6.2, the 1st few years of ownership. Drove me crazy, cause I never thought it was the problem, seeing my "water-in-fuel" light always went off after start. Once the tanks rotted out, and I changed them, (lots of water in them), I now use iso-propal on random fill-ups. Never had the problem again. We're talking 30 years of ownership, and 25 with the iso. .

Reactions: OkDually

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And just throwing this out there, cause I never hear it mentioned. Now that the winter is here, water in the fuel will freeze up lines in the damndest places, and cause stalling and hard starting. Had the problem with my 83 dually 6.2, the 1st few years of ownership. Drove me crazy, cause I never thought it was the problem, seeing my "water-in-fuel" light always went off after start. Once the tanks rotted out, and I changed them, (lots of water in them), I now use iso-propal on random fill-ups. Never had the problem again. We're talking 30 years of ownership, and 25 with the iso. .
Thanks for the reply, got the issue figured out last night, I had a feeling something was going on in the IP, so pulled the lid off and compared it to a pic off the old interweb sure enough there it was somehow someway the little pin that goes to the metering valve I believe is what it called was was underneath the bolt that holds it all together. No clue how just got this motor in aug and it was running well, but who knows. Couple cranks later and fired right up. Glad I caught it was about to order a new IP. Thank you everyone who replied good knowing we have help out there.

· Administrator
22,221 Posts
Thanks for the reply, got the issue figured out last night, I had a feeling something was going on in the IP, so pulled the lid off and compared it to a pic off the old interweb sure enough there it was somehow someway the little pin that goes to the metering valve I believe is what it called was was underneath the bolt that holds it all together. No clue how just got this motor in aug and it was running well, but who knows. Couple cranks later and fired right up. Glad I caught it was about to order a new IP. Thank you everyone who replied good knowing we have help out there.
Glad you got the issue resolved.
Thanks for giving us an update!

(y)

Reactions: jrsavoie
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.