Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had a few request lately for pics of our ''Pugg girdle'', so we decided to set up a new thread specifically for this..... as of now we have just over 1000 miles on the ''Pugg'' and are able to boost with over 20 psi with seemingly no ill effects (other than lots of power, that is....).

We built our girdle using 1.5 X 2.0'' X 3/8'' angle iron, this should be reduced to 1.5 X 1.5'', to eliminate material removal. It was just cut with regular cut-off wheels and a grinder, then hand filed for fit and finish.

Unfortunately my measurements were just on the side of a cardboard box and was misplaced, so we have only a pattern to work with for future girdles. There is a drawing available in the thread ''DSG Web Bearing Brace Kit '', page 8, post #78. Maybe one of you guys that know how to do a link to this drawing will be so kind to do one for us..... thanks in advance.

This is a model made by MaxPf, please note that our girdle was machined to fit a stock oil pan(6.2L, 6.5L and hummer pans) the drawing requires a custom pan, yet the center to center bolt measurements are what you need most.

The military pan we used, had the oil dipstick .200'' further on the side of the pan, so a minor adjustment was all that was needed to be able to use all available oil pans for these motors.

Well I've babbled on enough here, time now for pics.......

Attachments

Reactions: Tr00b

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess I didn't babble on enough after all.....

It is very important that when girdle is built that it does not rock on the main bearing caps, as this will distort the engine block and put undue stress on the crankshaft. I placed girdle on caps and measured between cap and girdle with a feeler gauge, then filed girdle until the fitment was less than .002''.

The bolts that we used were just new head bolts, shortened down to proper length. Next one we do will be with studs, as the stud has less stress transferred to engine block as a bolt does. The head studs sold by ARP are not good for this, as the barrel of the stud is too thick to pass the hole in the main bearing cap. They do however sell individual studs to measure.....

·
Resident Pinhead
6,638 Posts
this is definetly going into the FAQ's! im definetly going to be making myself one once i find the magical money tree and start on my 6.2 build. Click Here for the dimensions of the girdle maxpf made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.