Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got alot of Frankenstein stuff going on... i daily drive an 83 k5 blazer, 6.2l block and rotating assembly with 6.5l heads and manifolds, hx40ii turbo setup, db2-4911 pump, 6.5T injectors, 3 inch exhaust, front mount charge cooler with 2.5 inch piping... nothing unheard of... I cant make over 12psi with the hx40ii. I can creep up to 15psi with a healthy shot of water/meth injection. Even with the turbo shimmed down where the waste gate can't open, about 12psi is all I got. I have smoke tested pressure side and cant force a leak, I have double checked crossover pipe and manifolds for leaks. I read about 20+psi, I would like around 16psi but I can't achieve this. Is it possible the turbo is a little big for my setup? I'm open for knowledge but not interested in arguments. Thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
Has the DB2 pump been turned up?
Do you get black smoke when you are on it hard?
By cooling the charge the intercooler will lower the PSI even while allowing more mass of air into the engine.

Reactions: sctrailrider

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Procycle -The db2 has been turned up, I found a sweet spot where I can push a puff of black out only under heavy takeoff but it cleans up almost instantly. Very little black smoke under a load.
Sctrailrider- I follow what your saying, I dont think I have a fuel supply issue. About 3 months ago I installed a Walbro frb5 lift pump (huge difference, truck continually pulled to 100mph), and from there I have a fuel filter module with feed the beast mod for db2, and drilled and tapped that fat fitting into the inlet cone of the pump. I'm not sure if I want to turn the fuel screw up anymore, maybe I can try a little more timing? Like a red **** hair more?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Procycle -The db2 has been turned up, I found a sweet spot where I can push a puff of black out only under heavy takeoff but it cleans up almost instantly. Very little black smoke under a load.
If you're burning all your fuel then you don't need more air. Trying to pump in more boost just sucks up horsepower that would otherwise go to the wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts