Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
What truck? You will need all of the computer modules and harnesses for the motor and transmission also. Intercooler, piping and a lot of small pieces.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2004 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 With 6.0l, I Found A Complete 2002 Duramax With Trans And Computer For 5000.00.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Might wanna swap the rear end on it too, but ofcourse not to get it running.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You will need to change the core support and add the second battery tray. the Duramax wiring will plug directly into the underhood electrical center.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think you need to change the torsion bars as well, pretty sure the diesels have slightly heavier spec bars.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
2004 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 With 6.0l, I Found A Complete 2002 Duramax With Trans And Computer For 5000.00.
Find another donor first. An 02 is completely different electronically than an 03+. 01-02 is sort of a red-headed stepchild in the DMAX familt. 03+ is a totally different wiring scheme and wouldn't integrate easily to the older harness's. If you find a donor of the same year as yours(I would reccomend an 04.5 LLY), then the swap isn't all that bad. Plug and play for the most part. You have to run an extra wire for the wait to start light, but the 03+ cluster should accept it no problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was thinking about doing this just so i wouldnt have to sell it and come up with alot more money to buy another duramax i figured it would be easy to just buy a motor and trans and go from there the truck is in perfect condition i can swap motors and trans and just sell the 6.0l and trans and make a little money back on the deal. I will look for an LLY motor if i can find one for around the same price.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Look for a complete donor as you will need the radiator support and such like stated above, and you will most likely want the 11.5" rear axle to back up the DMAX/ALLISON combo. I'm running a 10.5" full floater in my SUB, and I'm pretty sure that will be my weak link if I get on it too hard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to diesel swap my 2010 6.0 2500hd...what am i looking at for work and cost? Diy... Im also kinda lost on which engine to use...dont know which would easily transfer...i know ill need motor, tranny and possibly rear end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts