Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new Ford with the new 6.0 PSD in it along side me yesterday on the highway.

The turbo whistle was louder than anything I ever heard. Louder than the big rigs.

Does this guy have some kind of mod that causes it or is there somthing wrong with the truck?

I mean it was loud. Everytime he throttled, all traffic looked around wondering what the whistle was.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Freind of mine has a pickup staight piped. He turns the corner 1/2 mile away, you can hear the turbo whistle as it spools up long before you hear any exhast noise.


Make you wonder what's coming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,006 Posts
hoot said:
I had a new Ford with the new 6.0 PSD in it along side me yesterday on the highway.

The turbo whistle was louder than anything I ever heard. Louder than the big rigs.

Does this guy have some kind of mod that causes it or is there somthing wrong with the truck?

I mean it was loud. Everytime he throttled, all traffic looked around wondering what the whistle was.
i tell ya a buddy of mine has the 4inch turbo back exhaust and the turbo flat screams but it makes it sound like a ricer,he isnt very happy thus far
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
hoot said:
I had a new Ford with the new 6.0 PSD in it along side me yesterday on the highway.

The turbo whistle was louder than anything I ever heard. Louder than the big rigs.

Does this guy have some kind of mod that causes it or is there somthing wrong with the truck?

I mean it was loud. Everytime he throttled, all traffic looked around wondering what the whistle was.
Go to this site and scroll down near the bottom and there are some sound clips you can download.


http://www.itpdiesel.com/DPPIFordExh60D.shtm


The rev and shutdown is awesome sounds like a jet shutting down.






Tom Cat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,610 Posts
That is one SLOW site!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I dont know what your duramaxs sound like after you waffled the air box but I know that the AEM Brute Force Air intake that I got on my truck makes the turbo loud from under the hood and it helped a good bit on power and fuel milage. .not to mention now i got some chrom under the hood. Bling Bling LoL
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No wonder they're redesigning the turbo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,063 Posts
Hello: I downloaded the sound files and played them. The wistle would drive me nuts, but it is cool. Do any of you know where i can get a muffler to replace the stock muffler for a 2003 Ford F350 with a 6.0 litre diesel ? I always used the Flowmasters in the past, but this is the first time i have ever owned a diesel anything. I heard a duramax going down the road one day and it sounded like a big rig. any suggestions please let me know. Thanks. rimshoes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
rimshoes said:
Hello: I downloaded the sound files and played them. The wistle would drive me nuts, but it is cool. Do any of you know where i can get a muffler to replace the stock muffler for a 2003 Ford F350 with a 6.0 litre diesel ? I always used the Flowmasters in the past, but this is the first time i have ever owned a diesel anything. I heard a duramax going down the road one day and it sounded like a big rig. any suggestions please let me know. Thanks. rimshoes

Straight pipes!!!


I love the way my truck sounds...














Kevin
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,063 Posts
Hello: Have an appointment with the muffler place tomorrow. The guy ordered a 4 inch thing that looks like a "glasspack" to me. Straight through with a little bit of baffle around the outside. Said i had to have it for the inspections to pass. I have to keep the catalytic converter because the truck is registered in Illinois and they do emission testing on diesels. So i am getting a "cat back" system but i am using my old tailpipe to cut down on costs. I will not know the outcome until i get it back. If it whistles, ill let ya all know, but my guess is it will not because of the catalytic converter. The next step is getting a chip or something like it. Any suggestions on this ? Does superchip have something out for the 6.0 yet ? Was looking at the "Quadzilla" with the displays. Thnaks, rimshoes.


Just got back from the muffler place. was told that in Illinios there is no mechanical checks, just emissions checks for diesels. So,,,,, Kept the catalytic converter on and "straight piped" it with 3 1/2 " stock diameter pipe. The damn thing whistles, but not too bad and it sounds good, not loud at all. Also, while i was there, the guy took off the catalytic converter so i could hear what it sounded like "straight". Not too bad, but it sung like a horse being gelded.
Thanks again, rimshoes.Edited by: rimshoes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,063 Posts
BennyBoy said:
that the AEM Brute Force Air intake that I got on my truck makes the turbo loud from under the hood and it helped a good bit on power and fuel milage.

could you please tell me about this a little more. sorry, kinda new at all this modification thing. Can ya get one for the 6.0 and does it really help on the milage ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Their is many mods you can do to a truck. If you put a chip on a diesel it will help with power and fuel milage but to help get the power and milage out of a diesel you need more air. I put the AEM Brute force air intake on mine. My buddy has a 7.3 power stroke and he put a air intake on his from western diesel. Check in with them to see if they make a intake for the new 6.0 and also their chips. They make some good things for fords.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Put a Bully Dog Exhaust system on a F550 oday w/6.0Liter PowerStroke..... I'm here looking for the answer to the F16 fighter sound I can't believe! I like it but my customer is a bit of a weasil cuz the idea of hearing performance irritates him, I kinda didn't expect the increase in turbo sing so much, but it's only natural.


OK so you guys are all experiencing it and I don't have to expect much else than listen to the whistle and brag about it....... right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
The new 6.0L with a bigger exaust just sound awsome ..remindes me of a Jet airplane(like has been stated previously) Just plain Cool
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top