Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Would anyone know how to wire up the 7 pole wiring connector in the box of a 2003 1 ton ?

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
I found this out in cyberworld..... ref 2003 Duramax

"If you're truck did not come with the FW wiring option (it will be a bundled up cable at the front edge of the pickup box, next to the frame rail) you can purchase that wiring option from the dealer. It's plug and play. It actually plugs into the trailer wiring harness just above the spare tire. It's really long.

A 2" metal hole saw works nicely for the Bargman 7 pin socket. I mounted mine just in front of the wheel well at about the two o'clock position (as viewed from the passenger side). There's a nice flat spot there. After I installed the socket on the end of the wiring harness, I completely filled the back of it with marine silicone. I've replaced too many of these things with the wires totally corroded."

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Hoot has good information there. The wire should be there but it is an options so it might not be. Here are the wiring colors.

Truck wire color operation plug color

Dark Blue (large) Brake Control Blue
Red +12V for power Black
White Ground White
Dark Green Right turn Brown
Brown Tail lights Green
Yellow Left turn Red

There will also be a light green that is for backup lights. This is generally not used.Edited by: Max Power

·
Registered
138 Posts
Boy, you sure have to be careful what you say in "cyberworld".

You can be quoted almost anywhere

Thanks Hoot.

This was the actual post over on RV.NET

Post on RV.NET

Somewhere around here I've got the actual dealer part number for that FW harness if your truck did not come with the "UY2" option. Maverick clued me in that it was "plug and play". I'd never wrung out the cable as it disappears above the frame and gas tank and then goes back to the rear of the box.

Some folks just plug into the connector by the receiver hitch. I don't particularly care for that method, but it works.

Edited by: gwmayes

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
gwmayes,

Sorry .. I usually post a link to the source along with a quote. I got lazy and got caught.

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, what a great community.......

Saguaro

·
Registered
154 Posts
Max Power,

There is also a dark blue wire that is labled Aux. power. Is this a "keyed power source" unlike the Red lead that is not keyed?

Steve

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I don't have it in front of me but I likely didn't clarify well. There will be a Dark blue large guage that is for the brake control.

The light blue light guage is the 3rd brake light that you don't use for most trailers.

I will edit my post.

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hoot,

I just got the 5th wheel harness, it has three ends on it. One end has bare wires for the bargman plug, I understand that. The other side of the wiring harness has a split with one male on one side and one female on the other. Can you help me understand where I'm suppose to plug it in at, or do I have the wrong harness.

Thanks

Kid

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
unplug the harness from the back of the trailer plug on the hitch and plug the new harness into the oem plug, then the truck harness and the trailer harness will plug into each other, your essentially T ing in with the fifth wheel harness

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhhhhhhhhh, thanks allot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts