Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a lmm on the Mustang dyno. Removed dpf and installed a custom tune from duramaxtuner.com. First run was 498hp. Removed the dirty stock air filter and gained 9hp. This truck is bone stock no lift pump or anything just 5 in exhaust and an aero muffler.:)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
that sounds like a good tune to me how it driveablitly and egts.

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
i am runing the same tune its my daily driver. truck drives great and egts sit around 5-600 cruising at 75mph nevr been over 1200 at wot

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
nice congrats.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Nice #'s.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Im running the same tune as well. I love the way this tune drives. I use it as my daily driver as well, it has great driveability, and even better MPG.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Nicks got some good tunes

·
Registered
915 Posts
Just put a lmm on the Mustang dyno. Removed dpf and installed a custom tune from duramaxtuner.com. First run was 498hp. Removed the dirty stock air filter and gained 9hp. This truck is bone stock no lift pump or anything just 5 in exhaust and an aero muffler.:)
How much smoke?

Jody

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Mine smokes decent with this tune on the low end, but it cleans up really well once your up and running.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Mine smokes decent with this tune on the low end, but it cleans up really well once your up and running.

thanks. I'm always looking for a big power no smoke tune, or as low as possible. I understand they'll smoke when powerbraking for launch, but from a roll as little smoke as possible is my preference. We have 800 numbers around here and people love to call it and turn you in. Happened twice to a diesel friend of mine, and his is not a real smoky tune.

Jody

·
Registered
907 Posts
Nice numbers:D How much RWTQ??

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Just think if you add a FLP Cheetah Turbo and a moded CP3, I would still look stock, but bigger HP:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I didn't get to drive the truck to much with the hot tune. I put in a smaller tune till he wants to upgrade the trans. But I think he is getting ready. I will have to look at the torque numbers but I think it was 900 something. The driveabilty sucks on sandy roads or the alignment is off this truck is hard to keep straight and its a dually ha ha.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Just think if you add a FLP Cheetah Turbo and a moded CP3, I would still look stock, but bigger HP:D
Then you'd need to have a built short block waiting in the garage. Congrats on the great numbers guys, Isnt 500 H P fun?;)

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
thanks. I'm always looking for a big power no smoke tune, or as low as possible. I understand they'll smoke when powerbraking for launch, but from a roll as little smoke as possible is my preference. We have 800 numbers around here and people love to call it and turn you in. Happened twice to a diesel friend of mine, and his is not a real smoky tune.

Jody
I got a number for them to call 1-800-2FKNBAD. Wish people would mine there own business. :wtf:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts