Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased 12/26/05:eek: and yes it REALLY does:ro) .

Problems....:rolleyes:

4 Check Engine Lights

1 A bunch of temp codes (used block heater above zero)

2 p0401 EGR codes

1 p0101 Mass air sensor

Front tires cupped and the goodyears in my opinion stink.

Opinions....

Fuel economy could be better, fuel filter way over priced, dump XM and put in Sirius):h :D .

Conclusion....

So far its been great. Much better than my 06 Dodge.

200,000 miles by year end...maybe...should be close!!!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
That thing ever not on the road?

·
Registered
91 Posts
wow!
I thought I had been putting too many miles on mine (8200 in five months).
Glad to hear yours has been (relatively) trouble free.
The tires do suck however, the V-Steels on mine have cupped already- makes the front end go any direction it wants. Going to replace mine with a set of Michelin LTX M/S asap.

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
50k and 4 SES's.......Uh.......ok

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
No, I think that having the SES light go off 4 times in 50k miles sucks.

But then again I know Ive got some issues with high expectations......

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
alot of codes,etc for 50,000 miles if you ask me. my dodge hasn't seen the dealership since i bought it. that was 48,000 miles ago., but i know, somebody will say it is still a dodge! the d-max is getting better with each passing year,though!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Do people not look at the name of people that post? As in Haulin-RV
Dogface1SG,

I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I read your reply regarding "..As in Haulinf-RV”. You are correct, sometimes the names that people pick to use one this forum do relate to something that is obvious or identifiable.

In my case, MKAH it is simply: Mark (me) Kathy (my wife) Amanda (daughter 1) and Holly (daughter 2). ie; MKAH . This works well for us because all of our friends can remember our email address.

How did you come up with Dogface1SG? Are you a Veterinarian, hate cats or WWII fighter pilot ACE? You must have a good story or circumstance that drove you to select that name.

Thanks & Cheers!

MKAH

·
Registered
627 Posts
It is still a Dodge. :)

btw, I totally agree with you. XM is awfull, I have a hand held Sirius unit getting me by until the sirius plug in module comes out for the factory radio.

50K miles in 3 months? Geez, thats crazy! How often do you change the oil?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
How did you come up with Dogface1SG? Are you a Veterinarian, hate cats or WWII fighter pilot ACE? You must have a good story or circumstance that drove you to select that name.
MKAH
If I were to make a swag, he is/was a 1sgt in the army.

Jim

·
Registered
682 Posts
If I were to make a swag, he is/was a 1sgt in the army.

Jim
Bingo,

I think you are correct. As a former military, man I should have got that myself.

US Army
1st Division
94th FA
MLRS
Combat Medic
1980-1983

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
You must have typed the report while you were driving! ):h

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
My Brother is a Major in the Marine Corp and I am a First Sergeant in the Ohio Army National Guard. He has always called me dogface as I have always called him Jarhead.

It is also my handle on the CB. I get asked alot.

"you must be one ugly SOB"

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I change the oil per the DIC, which is usually just about every other weekend. I will say again, this is so much better of a truck than my 06 Dodge was, even with the CEL I have had. Anyway time to fly, got to be in Salt Lake City with a Toy Hauler by Tuesday morning. Heck its only 1530 miles):h ):h .

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Who do you haul for?

What state are you out of?

I am outa OH and haul for Horizon. We have very similar trucks. Mine is 06 LLY, 2WD, I have the ZF instead of the Allison. I did this since I cooked an automatic in my Ford hauling a 25,000 lb trailer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I hope to catch up to your miles in about 8 years. My truck is three months old and it just turned over 1800 miles this weekend. I hope I don't wear it out too soon.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I am just over 26,000. I bought mine the last week of September 2005. I also did not drive it for almost 2 months since. It was down for 3 weeks with the rearend out, and I was working with the National Guard for 5 weeks where during I only put 200 miles on it.

I average between 100-125,000 a year

1 - 20 of 32 Posts